Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

regalsin

585 kodi 17 fork

585 kodi 17 fork

downloaded the kodi17 fork onto my 585 box, but glad i left 16.1 there.  live video on this fork, such as that on prosport addon is flawless on 16.1, but lags badly on the new fork of 17!  the video is flawless on 16.1.   tried many things to remedy this with no success.    notice that under video settings, the video setting for the fork are  mediacodec (surface) and mediacodec as opposed to DXVA2 for the authentic kodi 17.1.     all  this leads me to believe that the problem of the stuttering when accessing live video on prosport and others is because of an issue associated with the fork.   does anyone have any insight into this or how to rectify the problem.   is there a good method of actually changing the firmware on this (585)  box?   it's been less than a year since i purchased this box, and it already seems obsolete in that i can't upgrade to the newest version on kodi 17.1!  also, i'm at a loss as to why mygica or any other retailer of android boxes would keep using the alibili that these boxes are not meant to support 3rd party addons,  as it's painfully obvious that without being able to access content from these addons, sales of these boxes would probably drop by 90%.    i'm just hoping that the the new fork of 17.1 which i read in a post on here, will perform better that this(17.0) fork.   all this being said, i am really rueing the fact that i purchased this box, as mygica has not provided an effective method of upgrading the firmware.;)

Glad I'm not the only one having issues, I was starting to think that my box is faulty.

In another topic, I mentioned that performance in forked Kodi 17 (MyGica Media Player) is terrible for local video file playback as well, affecting both H.264 and H.265 encoded files. Lagging, poor framerate, sound cuts... as if the hardware decoding is non-existent.  It is basically useless at this point.

I hope that 17.1 based fork will perform much better or that we will get Android 5 update for the box.

according to the timeframe i read a while back, the 17.1 fork made for mygica boxes running 4.4 kitkat should be available by now!   can't really find any posts concerning this.  has anyone come across such information?

On 4/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, regalsin said:

according to the timeframe i read a while back, the 17.1 fork made for mygica boxes running 4.4 kitkat should be available by now!   can't really find any posts concerning this.  has anyone come across such information?

Not yet available.

And I have no release date yet for it either.

It is being worked on though.

We have an updated version to 17 though that fixes the PVR add ons issue.