Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randhir

Mygica 1900 pro Andriod 5.1 freezing issues

Mygica 1900 pro Andriod 5.1 freezing issues

Hi

I purchased a Mygica 1900 pro a week ago. I have been having issues where the device freezes and the only solution is to unplug the device and restart it. Is this a software problem that can be fixed with an update or a fault with the hardware that requires I replace the device.

I am having exact same issue after purchasing the same unit last Friday. Plus it now will turn on after unplugging and plugging back in, then freeze on mygica screen. Hope we both receive an easy solution.

I personally witnessed the issues above. Actually exactly how it was described by Randhir & vaporeyezer.

-ATV 1900 pro freezes while using kodi and even outside kodi on the mygica enrivonment itself.

-ATV 1900 pro freezes after turning the unit ON. (2 instances, cannot scroll on mygica window; and last one was just a black screen although LED is lit up green)

No other way to recover but to unplug the power connector behind the unit.

Please have this fixed.  I hope on the next software build this will be addressed.

We have a firmware update out from March 24th which resolve these issues.

But seems to be issues with it being downloaded from our server.

We are fixing it now, and once fixed you will get a message to start downloading it.
Should be fixed by Monday or Tuesday.

Our OTA update for 1900P/495P is temporarily off the server for the next few days.

I see some of you are asking to install it manually

So here it is 

Main changes.

1. Upgraded to Kodi 17.1

2. Added E-Share.  Features of E-Share can be found here
http://www.ee-share.com/features/

3. Fix freezing issues

4. Updated Chrome, Google Now, Google Play services, Google Play

5. Added Portrait mode in display options

update_MyGica_ATV1900-495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img

Manual download.  Copied the files to local storage and the upgrade worked liked a charm.

Freezing issue fixed!

Thank you MyGica for resolving this issue.

Notes:

-After an initial reboot you must select update from the text based Linux style Menu.

-First restart after update take a LONG time.  Be patient, it comes back.

Will this manual download work on a USB port? As I don't have micro SD.

Seems like I would have to uninstall Kodi 17.1 after the update and reinstall jarvis back.

Thanks for the manual fix Justin!

Just now, ybrik said:

Will this manual download work on a USB port? As I don't have micro SD.

Seems like I would have to uninstall Kodi 17.1 after the update and reinstall jarvis back.

Thanks for the manual fix Justin!

Yes a USB will work.

And also, with this update you mentioned, is it safe to use the above as a factory file replacement for "ATV1900-Factory-Files.zip 2016.08.12"  to restore to, just in case the 1900 PRO would crash?

2 minutes ago, ybrik said:

And also, with this update you mentioned, is it safe to use the above as a factory file replacement for "ATV1900-Factory-Files.zip 2016.08.12"  to restore to, just in case the 1900 PRO would crash?

The files I posted are for the 1900 PRO/495 PRO only

The file you are asking about ATV1900-Factory-Files.zip 2016.08.12 are for the 1900AC model.

The files I posted WILL NOT WORK on a 1900 AC

Which unit are you using??

I'm using a 1900PRO.  Yup the update you posted on this thread will work for me.

However, for the factory file in the downloads section, at some point a guy (XC techs) in youtube mentioned that factory file and I thought could be used for 1900PRO.

Thanks for clarifying this one though.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:40 PM, Butter said:

Manual download.  Copied the files to local storage and the upgrade worked liked a charm.

Freezing issue fixed!

Thank you MyGica for resolving this issue.

Notes:

-After an initial reboot you must select update from the text based Linux style Menu.

-First restart after update take a LONG time.  Be patient, it comes back.

Hey Butter,

Looking to hear how the new update has worked for you? Was there anymore freezing issues after standby?

I haven't applied the update yet as I ordered a micro SD card with SD adapter in the mail.

4 hours ago, ybrik said:

Hey Butter,

Looking to hear how the new update has worked for you? Was there anymore freezing issues after standby?

I haven't applied the update yet as I ordered a micro SD card with SD adapter in the mail.

You can use a USB drive to take the update also.

Great update! I noticed that there is now a "power off" option.  If I remember correctly, the previous version only has "stand-by" and "reboot."

Justin, what is the "software update" function on mygica app? Can this update be actually applied via this function as compared to having a hard reset/restore factory file method?

On 4/21/2017 at 9:44 AM, ybrik said:

Great update! I noticed that there is now a "power off" option.  If I remember correctly, the previous version only has "stand-by" and "reboot."

Justin, what is the "software update" function on mygica app? Can this update be actually applied via this function as compared to having a hard reset/restore factory file method?

Yes we added a Power Off function now, so users can fully power off the box, and when they turn it back on it is booting up for the 1st time.

Sorry but I am not sure which MyGica app you are referring to?

59 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yes we added a Power Off function now, so users can fully power off the box, and when they turn it back on it is booting up for the 1st time.

Sorry but I am not sure which MyGica app you are referring to?

I think it's the "software update" app on mygica's desktop view. I would have to confirm as I have to check it again. Can't remember for now.

By the way, why is the red LED still turned on during power-off? 

It's the same LED status as when it's on stand-by.

I suppose if the LED should be off on power-off,  the remote might not be able to turn in back to ON? More of pushing the unit's power on button in front to turn it ON.

36 minutes ago, ybrik said:

I think it's the "software update" app on mygica's desktop view. I would have to confirm as I have to check it again. Can't remember for now.

By the way, why is the red LED still turned on during power-off? 

It's the same LED status as when it's on stand-by.

I suppose if the LED should be off on power-off,  the remote might not be able to turn in back to ON? More of pushing the unit's power on button in front to turn it ON.

The red light is for Off or Standby 
Green is for it being on.

You can turn the box back on using the remote when coming out of standby or power off.

19 hours ago, Justin said:

The red light is for Off or Standby 

Thanks for the clarification Justin.

I just thought it would be nice if the red light will be off when the unit is turned off via remote control. =)

As one cannot tell just by looking on red LED when lit, if it is off or standby.

On 5/3/2017 at 0:05 PM, ybrik said:

Thanks for the clarification Justin.

I just thought it would be nice if the red light will be off when the unit is turned off via remote control. =)

As one cannot tell just by looking on red LED when lit, if it is off or standby.

Your suggestion makes sense.

But this might also result in people thinking their box is dead.

Plus the fully powered off feature was added afterwards.

So I think in the future we might incorporate 3 lights to identify, ON/STANDBY/OFF on new models.