Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randhir

Mygica 1900 pro Andriod 5.1 freezing issues

You're right as well and "some" people might think their box is dead, but I think when the box is going to be plugged on wall outlet and without pressing the power-on button,  all the LED are off on the front panel unless pressing the power button or remote control to turn it ON.

btw Justin,  I just checked the OTA update yesterday and was surprised to see MyGicaS905V1.30.  I can't tell when this update was posted on OTA as I didn't see a date.  I still didn't update to this current version and would like to post questions here.

I checked my current firmware and it is V1.20 which was from the March 24, 2017 update you posted the link above for local update as the OTA at that time was unavailable.

Questions:

- this v1.30 isn't available on the downloads folder here?

-The March 24 update (v1.2) has addressed the standby issues, yet this new v1.30 has fixed it again as it states on the upgrade info on my tv.  Was the standby freezing issue still a problem on v1.20?

On 5/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, ybrik said:

You're right as well and "some" people might think their box is dead, but I think when the box is going to be plugged on wall outlet and without pressing the power-on button,  all the LED are off on the front panel unless pressing the power button or remote control to turn it ON.

btw Justin,  I just checked the OTA update yesterday and was surprised to see MyGicaS905V1.30.  I can't tell when this update was posted on OTA as I didn't see a date.  I still didn't update to this current version and would like to post questions here.

I checked my current firmware and it is V1.20 which was from the March 24, 2017 update you posted the link above for local update as the OTA at that time was unavailable.

Questions:

- this v1.30 isn't available on the downloads folder here?

-The March 24 update (v1.2) has addressed the standby issues, yet this new v1.30 has fixed it again as it states on the upgrade info on my tv.  Was the standby freezing issue still a problem on v1.20?

We had some server issues when we released V1.20 back in March 24th.  Not everyone was getting the update.

So when we finally fixed it, we just turned V1.20 into V1.30 and dated it April 24th.  There is no other difference really between the 2.
This way once everyone got the new update after our server issues were resolved, they did not think they were getting an update that was over 4 weeks old.

And thanks for the light suggestions in regards to power.
We will try to implement a new way on future boxes we release.

Justin, would like to ask when using the software update via OTA on this device, does the unit download the 600MB file in its internal memory?

Or it runs the update from the server?

2 hours ago, ybrik said:

Justin, would like to ask when using the software update via OTA on this device, does the unit download the 600MB file in its internal memory?

Or it runs the update from the server?

It downloads it onto the internal memory and after its finished installing it is deleted.

People talk of a download to fix freezing.....where is it.  Under downloads it's empty.   Will it help the stuttering of vide

Foswaz,

It was posted by Justin on page 1 of this thread.

And also the download is also available OTA (over the air)  when you click software update menu of your 1900PRO.

Here's the link as well from the downloads section.  

As you can see, it was updated March 24.

I have the same problem.

I had a MyGica ATV-1900 Pro, and there was a weird problem with it. I took it back and I was issued a new one. This one is doing the same thing. 

In the middle of a movie it froze and made a loud buzzing sound. The device was inoperable. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, then it froze after the MyGica page. Again I unplugged it and after plugging it back in, it allowed access to Kodi. After 1 minute of watching the movie, it froze again and the screen went black.  With both boxes it happened numerous times.

From what I've read on this forum, the unit needs a patch.

Is there an easier way rather than following quite a number of manual steps?

16 hours ago, Razz said:

I have the same problem.

I had a MyGica ATV-1900 Pro, and there was a weird problem with it. I took it back and I was issued a new one. This one is doing the same thing. 

In the middle of a movie it froze and made a loud buzzing sound. The device was inoperable. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, then it froze after the MyGica page. Again I unplugged it and after plugging it back in, it allowed access to Kodi. After 1 minute of watching the movie, it froze again and the screen went black.  With both boxes it happened numerous times.

From what I've read on this forum, the unit needs a patch.

Is there an easier way rather than following quite a number of manual steps?

You should upgrade to our latest firmware, V1.30

You can do this directly on the box, by opening the "Upgrade App" in the list of apps.
Turn off Automatic, and check for Manual Update.

It will prompt you for an update to download and install

The whole process shouldn't take more then 10-15 mins, depending on your internet connection speed.

Just now, Justin said:

You can do this directly on the box, by opening the "Upgrade App" in the list of apps.

The whole process shouldn't take more then 10-15 mins, depending on your internet connection speed.

Forgot, make sure you turn Automatic updates back on afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

Thanks for your help Justin.  Just so I know, how do I check what version I have now?

Just to make my info clear: My 1900 Pro is equipped with Android 5.1 and I updated Kodi from 17.0 to Krypton 17.3

When I update via the method you describe, do I need to make backups?

2 minutes ago, Razz said:

Thanks for your help Justin.  Just so I know, how do I check what version I have now?

Just to make my info clear: My 1900 Pro is equipped with Android 5.1 and I updated Kodi from 17.0 to Krypton 17.3

When I update via the method you describe, do I need to make backups?

If you go into More Settings on the box, and About Device.

The Firmware version is listed there

Our older versions where dated, like 20161123 for example

As for backups, I would always suggesting backing up
However we do not factory reset the box when doing OTA updates.

So you should not lose anything

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

As for backups, I would always suggesting backing up
However we do not factory reset the box when doing OTA updates.

So you should not lose anything

I really appreciate your prompt reply!

Regarding backups, not sure exactly how to go about it, so I will likely not do a backup.  You think that'll be OK?

1 minute ago, Razz said:

I really appreciate your prompt reply!

Regarding backups, not sure exactly how to go about it, so I will likely not do a backup.  You think that'll be OK?

Most people want to backup KODI

This video should help with that

Just went into About to check the version #.  Now I'm extremely confused.  Under "Device Name" it says MyGica ATV 495 Pro  16G.  The reason I'm baffled is that The unit I have sure looks like 1900 Pro - i.e. it has 2 antennas, has 4 USB ports (and the box says 1900 Pro as does my receipt).

Under Model it says "MyGica Quad core Enjoy TV box".  Under Version it says "5.1.1".  Under Kernel Version it says "ljw@ubt124#2  Mon July 25 09:45:29  HKT 2016"

4 minutes ago, Razz said:

Just went into About to check the version #.  Now I'm extremely confused.  Under "Device Name" it says MyGica ATV 495 Pro  16G.  The reason I'm baffled is that The unit I have sure looks like 1900 Pro - i.e. it has 2 antennas, has 4 USB ports (and the box says 1900 Pro as does my receipt).

Under Model it says "MyGica Quad core Enjoy TV box".  Under Version it says "5.1.1".  Under Kernel Version it says "ljw@ubt124#2  Mon July 25 09:45:29  HKT 2016"

We changed the name on our new Software updates later on

The 495 PRO and 1900 PRO use the same firmware.

Based on the details you gave me, your firmware is not up to date.

42 minutes ago, Justin said:

Got to leave in 3 minutes :( but before I go: did you mean under "Software Updates" in Settings?  Be back in 3 hours.

4 minutes ago, Razz said:

Got to leave in 3 minutes :( but before I go: did you mean under "Software Updates" in Settings?  Be back in 3 hours.

There is a pre installed app, called "Upgrade"

This is what I was referring to

I held of on the Upgrade because on the About page I scrolled down and under Build it shows Version 1.3

Now I'm not sure what is going on.   I have the latest firmware (1.3), Android 5.1 and Kodi Krypton 17.3 and yet I still get these freezing issues.  I was talking to my PC guru (from whom I purchased the device) and he decided to give me another 1900 Pro.  Who knows if this unit will be any better!  Another weird thing is that from my experience, it takes approx. one week for the freezing issue to show up.

Any suggestions?  I wonder if it's a conflict with the latest Kodi version (17.3)?

I'm having the same issue with the unit crashing.

When I go into manual update, it flips me back to the previous menu without doing anything. Am I missing something?

This is our first foray into streaming and so far, it is incredibly frustrating. 

Any help you could offer would be most appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hunter said:

When I go into manual update, it flips me back to the previous menu without doing anything. Am I missing something?

This is our first foray into streaming and so far, it is incredibly frustrating. 

Thanks!

Try putting the update setting to manual update and then hit update. 

On 6/4/2017 at 5:08 PM, Hunter said:

Thanks!

Have you tried clearing the app data of the UPGRADE APP?

And then trying to check for manual update?

Hi there. I have a 1900 pro. Switched it on today and it refuses to go past the mygica  start up screen it stays frozen. Unplugged it removed internet cable too and it is still freezing up on start up and on that screen. Help please 

You might need to restore its firmware from an SD card. If  you're not running on the latest version, restore from that one.