Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spottedcat

Cannot post message Mailbox is full ...Messenger

How does one change the ridiculous setting(s) on Messenger  or one's account ....every time I want to message a person, I am blocked by a stupid message whist there is only 1 message in my Inbox ..... grrrrrrrr ....

On 4/10/2017 at 6:00 AM, spottedcat said:

How does one change the ridiculous setting(s) on Messenger  or one's account ....every time I want to message a person, I am blocked by a stupid message whist there is only 1 message in my Inbox ..... grrrrrrrr ....

Are you referring to private messaging on our forum?

6 hours ago, admin said:

Hello, please clean out your mailbox, it appears that you have an option set to follow your own posts, how many items are in your mail box?  

here is the reason for it filling up, 

Thanks for your response .... however the following:

The link you have provided comes up with a page that contains links to "broken images", thus it does not help me to see which settings should be set and which not or how it should be set. I have not set/changed any settings, the settings under my "Notification Settings" are what I presume to be the default. Unless I can see the broken images referred to above I do not know which changes to make.

In my mailbox is one short conversation via Messenger .... and that is exactly my problem .... if I want to use Messenger I have to delete the current/latest message sent in Messenger in the Messenger mailbox .... it's not like I have multiple messages/mails lying around.

I reduced the notifications storage period to 1 month - perhaps that will clear some notifications also you can try and delete messages by clicking the mail icon at the top

1 hour ago, admin said:

I reduced the notifications storage period to 1 month - perhaps that will clear some notifications also you can try and delete messages by clicking the mail icon at the top

Thanks for your effort, I do appreciate, however I doubt very much if it will solve my problem.

It has been like this since I joined the forum, i.e. without having any notifications or messages/emails. Further I only receive notifications from 2 posts which is few and far between, thus the number of notifications should be very small in any case. These do not appear in Messenger at all.

In my Messenger box is one conversation with another member. In order to converse via Messenger with any other member or Admin I have to delete the current message which makes no sense at all.  It currently appears that Messenger can only "single thread" and that is my problem.

Thus to conclude ... the problem is with Messenger and the number of private conversations I can have concurrently ..... not notifications, posts or emails or whatever. As an example if I sent a private message to Justin and await a response from him, I cannot post another private message to admin or another member without deleting the private message to Justin ... which implies that my conversation with him is lost. Hope this helps to bring more clarity.

should be good now - I had to delete a message from your inbox and upgraded the limits on messages

15 minutes ago, admin said:

should be good now - I had to delete a message from your inbox and upgraded the limits on messages

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, spottedcat said:

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Good to hear it is fixed and works for you now