Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowan

MyGica 582 power factory reset

MyGica 582 power factory reset

I need info on the 582, each time we have a power outage and electricity comes back on, the box switches on and says it is connected but when I go in to open anything it says I am not connected, tried everything to get it to connect, only doing a factory reset and reloading all the passwords and updates for netflix etc  which of course also means I loose everything. Any answers to not have to do a factory reset. Even if I switch it off at the wall I have to do a factory reset.

That sounds like you do have your box on a power surge protector because this should not give your box issue to forget all data. 

please, try to have a power strip that is surge protector that way power in and out should not affect your box. and update us if it is still forgetting things.

If your box seems to forget whenever you do a power cycle then you can service it.  but remember to check your apps that use userid and password that you do have the remember password check marked. that also helps.

Hi, we dont have it on a power surge protector, I tried everything but it still wont connect automatically when switched on, have connected on both wifi then on ethernet and it still wont work, have to do a factory reset everytime. At wits end