Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PopsPoni

updating 1800e box?

updating 1800e box?

Hi I need advice on updating my 1800e box.

Received it as a 2014 Christmas gift from my daughters. I have NO knowledge on them, when I set up originally just plugged it in .

it has started to lag a lot but now it just wont work!

ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT BACK ON LINE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

WILL THIS FILE UPDATE WORK??  THANKS

On 4/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, PopsPoni said:

updating 1800e box?

Hi I need advice on updating my 1800e box.

Received it as a 2014 Christmas gift from my daughters. I have NO knowledge on them, when I set up originally just plugged it in .

it has started to lag a lot but now it just wont work!

ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT BACK ON LINE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

WILL THIS FILE UPDATE WORK??  THANKS

You can try and upgrade it to Android 5.1

All of the info can be found here

works great.. dont upgrade to 17.1 if youve never used the box it will only confuse you more. 16.1 is great n works well.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:16 AM, no12nv said:

works great.. dont upgrade to 17.1 if youve never used the box it will only confuse you more. 16.1 is great n works well.

You can always switch back to confluence. So users will still be able to feel like they are using 16.1

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the help! 

Before I received your response I had installed the Kodi 17.1, no issues in downloading, just followed the directions!

like baking a cake! Haha.

Now being a newbie to all this, never thought of backing up all the files etc that were preloaded when I got the box? Dummy!

ls there any way  to retrieve those original  files programs? I'm guessing not?

To give you an idea what I want to have on the box : Movies, F1, WEC, IMSA, Drag racing,  (F1 type ?)motor bike's, Americas cup think it's in Bermuda this summer? Ozzie motor racing ie Bathurst 1000, Tour de France, cycle racing think it's already started ?

I do get some auto racing but not like we used to get! Just need what, where & how to look for these programs!

So I'm going to remove the kodi 17.1 unless you give what I need to do !

will download the kodi 5.1 . Install to box.  

so again Thanks for your advice Peter Draddy

1 minute ago, PopsPoni said:

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the help! 

Before I received your response I had installed the Kodi 17.1, no issues in downloading, just followed the directions!

like baking a cake! Haha.

Now being a newbie to all this, never thought of backing up all the files etc that were preloaded when I got the box? Dummy!

ls there any way  to retrieve those original  files programs? I'm guessing not?

To give you an idea what I want to have on the box : Movies, F1, WEC, IMSA, Drag racing,  (F1 type ?)motor bike's, Americas cup think it's in Bermuda this summer? Ozzie motor racing ie Bathurst 1000, Tour de France, cycle racing think it's already started ?

I do get some auto racing but not like we used to get! Just need what, where & how to look for these programs!

So I'm going to remove the kodi 17.1 unless you give what I need to do !

will download the kodi 5.1 . Install to box.  

so again Thanks for your advice Peter Draddy

There is no current way to bring back what you were using before, as far as I know

Best way to find all of what you are looking for is by searching on google.

Uninstalling Kodi 17.1 and putting on the previous version you were using, will not bring back what you used to have.

35 minutes ago, PopsPoni said:

Thanks, what is this?

You can always switch back to confluence. So users will still be able to feel like they are using 16.1

A lot of users do not like the new look of Kodi 17

So the video I posted shows how you can go back to the old look.