Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BumpyGocart

Wifi connection problem when travelling

Since upgrading to Lollipop 5.1 just recently, Ive noticed that it seems to be impossible to connect to a motel wifi network when travelling. Ive used my Mygica 1800e with Kitkat 4.4 with no problem when on the road but Im currently staying at a motel I frequent, where my box has worked in the past and I cant find anywhere to enter the wifi password. Ive gone thru settings and opened the browser in hopes the sign-in page would open up. Nada. My phone requires me to finish signing in with the browser... thats not happening here. I seem to remember the kitkat 4.4 wifi settings page had a line to enter the password or key code.

Im kind of an old fart and not as techie as many of you here are. Im sure Im missing something. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?  Im really hating having to watch basic Canadian cable, complete with commercials. Yuck! Thanks in advance.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, BumpyGocart said:

Since upgrading to Lollipop 5.1 just recently, Ive noticed that it seems to be impossible to connect to a motel wifi network when travelling. Ive used my Mygica 1800e with Kitkat 4.4 with no problem when on the road but Im currently staying at a motel I frequent, where my box has worked in the past and I cant find anywhere to enter the wifi password. Ive gone thru settings and opened the browser in hopes the sign-in page would open up. Nada. My phone requires me to finish signing in with the browser... thats not happening here. I seem to remember the kitkat 4.4 wifi settings page had a line to enter the password or key code.

Im kind of an old fart and not as techie as many of you here are. Im sure Im missing something. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?  Im really hating having to watch basic Canadian cable, complete with commercials. Yuck! Thanks in advance.

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing, its just our version of 5.1 doesn't support this feature for these type of Wifi Connections.