Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammy09

Sound cuts out when launching netflix

Sound cuts out when launching netflix

Hi, first time post here.  I have read a few people talking about issues with sound cutting out, but they were talking about units that were pre 190pro and I did see that the issue was to be resolved potentially with the 1900pro.  The issue is, I have the unit sound output via optical.  That is fine for Kodi use but when I launch Netflix, I get no sound, this will continue if I exit Netflix and use kodi.  The only way around is to reboot.  Is there a fix for this?  If not in the box config itself can I get an hdmi splitter and then send one split to the tv and convert the other to optical that will work?  All this because my receiver does not accept HDMI.  thanks in advance.

Hi Sammy, I think I understand your question here.

Have you tried going into "more settings" then "sound" then "digital sounds" to see if changing the output device to something else gives you sound through netflix?

hi .. yes I did try that .. I went into more settings were I found auto, HDMI, PCM and spdif (i'm not looking at the screen now) (I know optical is spdif) (I tried them all) having the setting on spidif  sound works great when using KODI, and I can hear the cool default pop sound when I go from one menu icon to the next, but as soon as I go into Netflix.. all sound is gone.. even when I exit Netflix..the sound is out until I rebook the whole system.  helpppp lol

Sammy, I have been trying to figure this out, but we are a bit stumped. I haven't seen this before. 

Can you try hooking it up without the stereo system in place to see if the sound is working normally without it?

Its like you were reading my mind.   I decided to forget the receiver and just use an hdmi cable from the unit to my tv..  keep n mind I had an apple tv 2 before and things worked fine.  So when I have the unit in direct to the TV via hdmi, again live tv works great, kodi works great (sound and picture) but when I go into Netflix the sound and picture is "stuttering" like its buffering every few seconds.  You can really notice it in the sound because you hear it cut in and out.  Its like its taking lagging in processor.  but that can't be because I'm able to stream 1080p on kodi etc. 

5 minutes ago, sammy09 said:

Its like you were reading my mind.   I decided to forget the receiver and just use an hdmi cable from the unit to my tv..  keep n mind I had an apple tv 2 before and things worked fine.  So when I have the unit in direct to the TV via hdmi, again live tv works great, kodi works great (sound and picture) but when I go into Netflix the sound and picture is "stuttering" like its buffering every few seconds.  You can really notice it in the sound because you hear it cut in and out.  Its like its taking lagging in processor.  but that can't be because I'm able to stream 1080p on kodi etc. 

The sound cutting out only happens when using Netflix + Optical audio?

the sound was cutting out when I was using the optical... now that i'm only using HDMI from the unit to the tv directly .. the sound is choppy. This is only happening on Netflix.. when I try live tv and kodi.. the sound is great.

Sammy,

I am trying to reproduce this here and see how I can get it going.  I appreciate your patience on this and I assure you I will respond as quickly as I can. (likely not today)

hi.. ok I think we can call off the dogs.. wohooo I fixed it.. after testing to see if it could be processor issues, I found out it wasn't.. also, I was wondering why it was only affecting Netflix..so I stated looking at Netflix itself..and it looks like the version of Netflix that had been installed was old.. so I uninstalled and installed the most recent version.. and boom it issue was fixed.. the optical sound issue was resolved too.    I want to say thanks for looking into this. I totally appreciate the support.

17 hours ago, sammy09 said:

hi.. ok I think we can call off the dogs.. wohooo I fixed it.. after testing to see if it could be processor issues, I found out it wasn't.. also, I was wondering why it was only affecting Netflix..so I stated looking at Netflix itself..and it looks like the version of Netflix that had been installed was old.. so I uninstalled and installed the most recent version.. and boom it issue was fixed.. the optical sound issue was resolved too.    I want to say thanks for looking into this. I totally appreciate the support.

Just wondering, did you update the Playstore version or the Android TV version?

On 4/19/2017 at 0:26 PM, sammy09 said:

The Android TV version.

Ok thanks for letting us know

And good to hear it works now.