Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Smith

1800 wont boot up after trying to upgrade to android 5.1 from ki kat 4.5

1800 wont boot up after tiying to upgrade to android 5.1 from ki kat 4.5

Any one have this problem yet ? I'm new and don't know too much yet. It started to upgrade but then stalled about 3/4 the way for about 45 minutes so

I unplugged it and now its just lights on box but nothing on tv screen. Is there a way to recover or am I toast ?

19 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

1800 wont boot up after tiying to upgrade to android 5.1 from ki kat 4.5

Any one have this problem yet ? I'm new and don't know too much yet. It started to upgrade but then stalled about 3/4 the way for about 45 minutes so

I unplugged it and now its just lights on box but nothing on tv screen. Is there a way to recover or am I toast ?

Did you use the reset button method to install it?

try a reboot . do a wipe on cache an sys. reload the 4.4.2 get that back up working.. then go back.. do a reboot with the auto loading lollipop n 16.1.(1900 upgrade) if it freezes try the unplug replug. it shud work.. has for me and tons of others,, dont upgrade ta 17 kodi. stay on the 16.1 till they get 18 up n running.. good luck

Unfortunately using the reset button I cant get into the menu to do that , just blank screen not reading usb or sd card.Can anybody tell me or send me a picture of the two pins I need to short on a 1800 ,all I can find on forums are tips for other models and the pcbs are a different layout

Hey I got it working again ,thanks for the reply's and sorry to waste peoples time. IveĀ  had my box for 2 years and this is the first time I had a major issue.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:54 AM, Sam Smith said:

Hey I got it working again ,thanks for the reply's and sorry to waste peoples time. IveĀ  had my box for 2 years and this is the first time I had a major issue.

Good to hear you got it working.