Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canons400x

1800e worst purchase ever

1800e worst purchase ever.

tried to upgrade to lollipop.

followed instruction posted by moderator to a tee.

box will not turn on after turning off. have to unplug and plug back in.

not alone with this issue.

no ETA for fix, just vague promises by moderator.

worst purchase ever.

11 hours ago, Canons400x said:

worst purchase ever.

I agree overpriced for nothing 

Ive had my 1800 for 2 years and have enjoyed it immensly. I learned that the on/off issue is resolved by not turning it off. ☺

Ive also learned it works best with a more basic version of Kodi compared to some of the big builds out there. Its not perfect but it is pretty good. Would I buy it now? Probably not. There's bigger/better/faster boxes out there now running more recent Android versions. You have to do your homework. Google and you tube are your friends in that regard.  

Considering it's paid for itself many times over in the 2 years Ive had it and that there was an update to lollipop to keep it going into Kodi 17, Im not complaining. The update process was a PITA tho. Took me several tries and a bunch of reboots but it finally took. Good luck. If you keep trying, 5.1 will probably load. 

I agree fully. I have 2 1800E's the first one for 3 years now. While not perfect it certainly does the job and the support has been there for me. Would I buy another, you bet.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:15 PM, Canons400x said:

worst purchase ever.

is this your 1st android box? if so i understand.  i feel the same sometimes even now after 4 years of owning 3 boxes. but over the years ive figured this box out an talked friends n family into them as well. an they felt the same in the beginning. you just n have to b patient and figure out the quirks so ta speak an when ya do(read lots on this site.. all ur answers are here) .. you'll see its actually a decent lil unit. is it the best? not sure its all i use . is it a POS..  nope. cause it always works the way its supposed to.  i have no complaints as to the unit and how it works .. my only advise is upgrade to lolipop and stay on 16.1.  i am not a fan of the new kodi 17 an feel my box runs slower and the new platform isnt as user friendly as before. but maybe its just im so used to the old one an the new kodi hasnt shown me the love im used to.. dont give up.. it is what it is and when ya figure it out .. you will love it.. thanks..good luck.. just my 2 pennies worth

NO12nv is right on...and so is bumpy.... these things will pay for themselves x amount of times over yrs

I've bought 2 and some friends have bought the box and some have the new 1900 .... i have to say i have had good luck. Knock on wood, mine or my friends have never failed us.  I've updated them when needed, and done a lot of reading. If you dont like to read, prob not a good idea to do your own work on them. Most answers are out there but you have to do a bit of searching. I was gonna upgrade to the new lollipop for sure, then i read where there were issues, so why fix something that is not broken, so i waited.  I definitely wanted to try the new 17 krypton version  and i want to stay on top of new stuff and be up to date. When i saw the new 17 file that works with kitkat, that seemed to be a logical solution, and worked to no flaw, im staying with kitkat 4.4.2 for now. Now krypton is different layout, and i must say at first, i was not warmed up to it. but I"m gettin used to it now. I went in and changed some of settings of the skin to make it more perddy, I have had no problems so far, box is working, turns off and on with remote no prob. Standby is working, would i buy another one, well im hoping this box doesnt bblow up so i dont have to cuz they are not cheap ....I actually don't know what a different box would give me this doesnt already. I guess it boils down to your needs..... and mine are pretty simple,  a box that will stream . Where else would i find every season of barney for my 3 yr old.....Me  and my family will always be greatful to justin here and the team behind the scenes who work tirelessly to bring this stuff to us, if it's a day/week/month, regardless., it's appreciated.  sorry for rambling on but thought i would chime in.,