Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gordjohn

Voice Search (Microphone)

How do I get voice search working?  Google always says it didn't catch anything.  Does the remote with the 1900 PRO even have a microphone (I can't see one)?

Thanks

On 4/14/2017 at 3:34 PM, gordjohn said:

How do I get voice search working?  Google always says it didn't catch anything.  Does the remote with the 1900 PRO even have a microphone (I can't see one)?

Thanks

The 1900 PRO remote does not come with a Microphone.

You need to purchase a remote with a microphone to use this feature.

Thanks Justin, that confirms my suspicions, but that is not how the 1900 PRO is marketed.  Anyhow, no big deal, I don't really need it.  It's just that I probably looked like an idiot talking to my remote like Scotty in Star Trek: "bring up the formula for transparent aluminum"

7 minutes ago, gordjohn said:

Thanks Justin, that confirms my suspicions, but that is not how the 1900 PRO is marketed.  Anyhow, no big deal, I don't really need it.  It's just that I probably looked like an idiot talking to my remote like Scotty in Star Trek: "bring up the formula for transparent aluminum"

Where did you see this marketed with voice search?

Hi Justin,

It is marketed as having voice search in a lot of websites.  Example:

https://www.costco.ca/MyGica-ATV-1900PRO-Android-Streaming-Box.product.100337789.html

See the description:

"With the new features of Android 5.1 Lollipop such as powerful and fun voice recognition, you can use your voice on apps or Chrome to do things like search, get directions and create reminders."

But - no big deal - I don't really need it...

18 minutes ago, gordjohn said:

Hi Justin,

It is marketed as having voice search in a lot of websites.  Example:

https://www.costco.ca/MyGica-ATV-1900PRO-Android-Streaming-Box.product.100337789.html

See the description:

"With the new features of Android 5.1 Lollipop such as powerful and fun voice recognition, you can use your voice on apps or Chrome to do things like search, get directions and create reminders."

But - no big deal - I don't really need it...

Ok I see the confusion

We support this feature, but only if the user has a remote that has a Mic.

1 hour ago, ybrik said:

Which remote control will work with 1900PRO with mic and possibly an illuminated buttons?

Our KR 54 Remote has a Mic button, but not light up buttons.

We have a new remote coming out in a few months that will have both of these features, will be called the KR 303

MyGica ATV 495x purchased from Walmart.ca came with remote control without voice search and mouse function.

The Quick setup giude for this model on MyGica website shows the remote with voice search only and no other versions of remotes.

So I am not sure which remote I supposed to get with this device.

Hi Will68,

Only the ATV495 Pro is available online at walmart.ca and ships with the KR-41 keyboard remote, non air mouse. This model also has enhanced eMMC memory of 16GB rather than 8 GB like on the ATV 495X which ships with a non keyboard bluetooth basic air mouse. 

Here is the Guide that should be in the box of the ATV 495 Pro, http://www.mygica.tv/manuals.php?model=ATV-495PRO .

You can use any USB mouse with the unit.

Hope this helps.