Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psy

march ota update

Hi

I tried updating my box but i'm getting an error everytime i try to connect to the remote server. it says remote server fail. is there a way around it? or are the servers really down?

Thank you

On 16/04/2017 at 1:03 AM, Bucks_Fizz said:

Hi, I had the same error. GOt the file from the downloads section and updated via USB. Works perfectly

Hi, I'm unable to update mine. I'm following the instructions but when box reboots it goes to android recovery screen and gives me a few options. Update from Cache, Update from EXT and a few other. I even tried manually selecting the file from there but in the end tells me that it Fails to verify signature. Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, alexandre said:

Hi, I'm unable to update mine. I'm following the instructions but when box reboots it goes to android recovery screen and gives me a few options. Update from Cache, Update from EXT and a few other. I even tried manually selecting the file from there but in the end tells me that it Fails to verify signature. Any suggestions?

Which box are you using?

When it says fails to very signature that means you are using a different models firmware on your box.

Just now, Justin said:

Which box are you using?

When it says fails to very signature that means you are using a different models firmware on your box.

thank you for your quick reply. I have the ATV 495Pro 16G - S905 current buld is V001M901_20170119

1 minute ago, alexandre said:

thank you for your quick reply. I have the ATV 495Pro 16G - S905 current buld is V001M901_20170119

Can you paste the link to the software your trying to use?

31 minutes ago, alexandre said:

Did you extract the img file from the zip folder?

Or are you trying to install the zip folder on its own?

6 minutes ago, Justin said:

Did you extract the img file from the zip folder?

Or are you trying to install the zip folder on its own?

I followed these steps:

1. Download the zip file and put the file "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" onto an USB thumb drive or sd card.
2. Insert the USB or SD card into the unit and navigate to the settings area.
3. Click on "Software Updates" then "Local Update". If the file does not appear, click the "context" button 10 times. (the button with 3 lines) 

on my USB i just have the image file .img

25 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I followed these steps:

1. Download the zip file and put the file "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" onto an USB thumb drive or sd card.
2. Insert the USB or SD card into the unit and navigate to the settings area.
3. Click on "Software Updates" then "Local Update". If the file does not appear, click the "context" button 10 times. (the button with 3 lines) 

on my USB i just have the image file .img

Try this instead