Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark250

ATV585 6.0 update

ATV585 6.0 update

Hi All 

New here and totally new to doing updates on my MyGica box.. Sorry for the Newbie questions/Rant!!!

I am trying too update my box to Kodi 17 but as my box is running KitKat 4.0 or 4.4 (cant remember)  It won't allow me install the Kodi 17 with out updating the firmware to 6.1 or 6.0.. marshmallow?

I have read lots of posts by others and have followed some of the links on this forum explaining how it's done, but I can not get rid off Kit Kat..  I have uploaded File for the ATV585 from here http://mygica.com/html/Support/ and followed a few links form Justin's posts who seems very knowledgeable on these matters but nothing is working??  I have managed to get Kodi 16 on my system. So far I have followed links to the firmwares and loaded it onto an SD card, rebooted my system and followed some tutorial video that really helped. but nothing sorting this issue.. I still have Kit Kat!!!!

The ?hard reset? doesn't work.. (little bottom) on the bottom... held down for ten seconds does nothing? I had to reboot via the onscreen option..  Could someone please send or direct me too the correct firmware, and the correct process for my ATV585..  

I am seriously fed up spending hours trying to sort this out.

Many thanks 

Mark

3 hours ago, mark250 said:

ATV585 6.0 update

Hi All 

New here and totally new to doing updates on my MyGica box.. Sorry for the Newbie questions/Rant!!!

I am trying too update my box to Kodi 17 but as my box is running KitKat 4.0 or 4.4 (cant remember)  It won't allow me install the Kodi 17 with out updating the firmware to 6.1 or 6.0.. marshmallow?

I have read lots of posts by others and have followed some of the links on this forum explaining how it's done, but I can not get rid off Kit Kat..  I have uploaded File for the ATV585 from here http://mygica.com/html/Support/ and followed a few links form Justin's posts who seems very knowledgeable on these matters but nothing is working??  I have managed to get Kodi 16 on my system. So far I have followed links to the firmwares and loaded it onto an SD card, rebooted my system and followed some tutorial video that really helped. but nothing sorting this issue.. I still have Kit Kat!!!!

The ?hard reset? doesn't work.. (little bottom) on the bottom... held down for ten seconds does nothing? I had to reboot via the onscreen option..  Could someone please send or direct me too the correct firmware, and the correct process for my ATV585..  

I am seriously fed up spending hours trying to sort this out.

Many thanks 

Mark

Kodi 17 requires Android 5+, not 6+.

Another thing is, we do not have Android 6 for the 585.  The link you posted does not have it either.
We are currently looking at upgrading to 5.1 OS, but that is the most up to date version we can upgrade the 585 to, and I do not see Android 6 coming for out for it either, since our chipset supplier stopped support on it.

Hi Justin 

Would you please point me in the right direction to the 5+ Firmware upgrade

Are you now saying that the ATV585 is now an out of date unit and won't be upgradable in the future? this thing (my box) is less than a year old!  

I'm getting too old for all this ;-) 

14 hours ago, mark250 said:

Hi Justin 

Would you please point me in the right direction to the 5+ Firmware upgrade

Are you now saying that the ATV585 is now an out of date unit and won't be upgradable in the future? this thing (my box) is less than a year old!  

I'm getting too old for all this ;-) 

We currently do not have Android 5.1 for the 585.

We are still trying to make this happen, but I cannot promise anything.