Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lparker

Download LibreELEC 8.0.1a with KODI 17.1 for ATV585

I've found that using the same process as the ATV582, you can upgrade the ATV585 to LibreELEC 8.0.1a with KODI 17.1. 

Wireless and wired are working, remote will work with the remote.conf file that you can download in the attachment.  Will power off from remote but will not power on unless you power cycle.  

You can follow the same process that I posted in the ATV582 forum

You can view a video I made of the ATV582 process with the links in the attached file.  You can also download all the needed files as well.

links.txt

2 hours ago, lparker said:

I've found that using the same process as the ATV582, you can upgrade the ATV585 to LibreELEC 8.0.1a with KODI 17.1. 

Wireless and wired are working, remote will work with the remote.conf file that you can download in the attachment.  Will power off from remote but will not power on unless you power cycle.  

You can view a video I made of the ATV582 process with the links in the attached file.  You can also download all the needed files as well.

links.txt

Thanks for sharing this.

On 2017-4-20 at 5:58 PM, lparker said:

links.txt

Oh my word this is brilliant. It worked really well for me. I also have ATV585 and I have been struggling for some time now. I even went and bought a Raspberry PI and had given up on the MyGica box. Now with LibreELEC running the box is so fast and smoth. No buffering on my live TV at all. Thank you Iparker you are an absolute genius. I am wondering if I can do the same with OSMC? Has you tried it?

I've noticed a couple issues. Not sure if its the Kodi 17.1 build or the LibreELEC build. It has happened a couple times were the wired network stops working. Now that I think about it both times was after hitting the power button to do a reboot. Hmmmm....now I have to try it again to see if that's lead to the condition. The more annoying thing is that the menu or option button on the remote doesn't work. That's the button with the 3 lines to the left of home. I've tried with and without the remote.conf file loaded. Anyone else seen this and do you know how to correct it. Thanks.

btw, I still love what LibreELEC has done to my 585. Its like a new box.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:18 AM, hexec said:

I've noticed a couple issues. Not sure if its the Kodi 17.1 build or the LibreELEC build. It has happened a couple times were the wired network stops working. Now that I think about it both times was after hitting the power button to do a reboot. Hmmmm....now I have to try it again to see if that's lead to the condition. The more annoying thing is that the menu or option button on the remote doesn't work. That's the button with the 3 lines to the left of home. I've tried with and without the remote.conf file loaded. Anyone else seen this and do you know how to correct it. Thanks.

btw, I still love what LibreELEC has done to my 585. Its like a new box.

Have you tried using the Keymap editor within Kodi to reprogram these buttons?
This video should explain how to use it.

Are you using an IR Remote when using Librelec?

On 5/26/2017 at 2:46 AM, hexec said:

No, I'm using the remote that came with the MyGica ATV585. Its a RF remote with a keyboard on the back.

Ok

Did you try the video that I posted?