Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torrment

Updating my atv 500x

i was wondering if there is an upgrade available i did see the other day that 510x was able to be used but i see now its changed to 510x i kept getting status 7 when trying to upgrade with it

i was wondering if there is an upgrade available i did see the other day that 510x was able to be used but i see now its changed to 510x i kept getting status 7 when trying to upgrade with it

Hi

The ATV 500X and 510X are 2 different units. So make sure you install the correct version for the model that you are using, as both units use a different processor, and also the 500x runs on 512MB Ram and the 510X runs on 1GB Ram.

I will post the latest XBMC 12.3 files for both these models soon in each of there download sections.

I found that video on YouTube saying 510 and 500 same software but I was told it's not but is the next upgrade going to be kodi

Were at 12.3 only for now.

Not sure on plans of Gotham, and KODI wont be official for at least another 2-3 months,

Are there any plans for it? Some addons don't work properly with Frodo anymore...

I will ask for a Gotham update. But cannot promise if it will become available

I heard the pivos m1 can be installed on 500x . is this true ? if so how to update 500x?

You have to make sure it isn't a Pivos official build, as they have verification checks.

I have seen Gotham on there forum, Hyrdra build it should work for M1.

Can be found here

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4540 - XBMC 13.1

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4747 - XBMC 13.2

Thanks very much for the links to the new file. Can you tell me or show me instructions on how to get new file on atv 500x. do i put it on micro sd card ? how to install it please?

Thanks very much for the links to the new file. Can you tell me or show me instructions on how to get new file on atv 500x. do i put it on micro sd card ? how to install it please?

Using the reset button on the bottom of the unit, will take you into recovery mode. Having the unit unplugged, and then holding down the reset button upon plugging the unit back it, will take you into the recovery mode after about 10 seconds.

You must have the file on an SD Card or USB drive to install it.

There is an option to update the firmware within the Recovery screen.

Please note, the recovery screen displays at 480i resolution, so make sure your TV supports this through HDMI. We have 10 TV's at our office, and I have only 3 which support 480i through HDMI.