Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

invincibleinc

Netflix resolution terrible to start

Hey all,

Just purchased my 1200 today. I have it set up, firmware updated to latest, and connected via Ethernet. My netflix is looking very, very pixelated, and I'm wondering if there is a setting I need to change to get some crispness going. I'm assuming it's just something I'm not doing correctly on my end and am hoping its a quick fix someone can help me with.

Hey all,

Just purchased my 1200 today. I have it set up, firmware updated to latest, and connected via Ethernet. My netflix is looking very, very pixelated, and I'm wondering if there is a setting I need to change to get some crispness going. I'm assuming it's just something I'm not doing correctly on my end and am hoping its a quick fix someone can help me with.

This is a problem with Netflix, it is due to the Netflix app thats available for Android is meant for Mobile and Tablet devices which are basically 4-10 inch screens.

So the pixelation is Netflix figuring out the Bitrate and resolution to display to your TV screen.

It seems to actually work itself out after a minute or so, now that I've played around with it a bit. How odd.

Yes same thing happens when I use Netflix which is built into my Sony Smart TV.

This is very irritating. Enough to bring back the machine to the seller. So the Android version is made for smaller screens? The Roku version of Netflix is much better. When you pay Netflix for a HD version, you cannot accept such pixelated grainy video. I hope a separate Netflix app for Media servers is in the works? Has anyone found a solution? Is there any way to fix the Netflix settings to always stream HD? There seems to be an answer here, for computers: http://lifehacker.com/manually-adjust-n ... -950615894

Jean

This is very irritating. Enough to bring back the machine to the seller. So the Android version is made for smaller screens? The Roku version of Netflix is much better. When you pay Netflix for a HD version, you cannot accept such pixelated grainy video. I hope a separate Netflix app for Media servers is in the works? Has anyone found a solution? Is there any way to fix the Netflix settings to always stream HD? There seems to be an answer here, for computers: http://lifehacker.com/manually-adjust-n ... -950615894

Jean

Roku paid big $$ to have there own version of Netflix HD on there boxes.

I have inquired myself to have a custom version of Netflix HD for Mygica but was given a price of over $250k USD from Netflix themselves, which is not reasonable.

The resolution will fix itself after only 30 seconds or so, I experience the same thing when using Netflix on many different devices.

Same thing happens on the PS3 as well. It's like the app couldn't be bothered to do the initial buffering properly. :)

*** Forbidden. You submitted too quickly. You may try again in a few seconds. Request number 85ab5a989c8f4820720447e707e5de46. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***

Justin,

I thought you said that MyGica just needed to be google certified and then we would get an HD Netflix app. Now you are saying that there will not be one because of cost??

Justin,

I thought you said that MyGica just needed to be google certified and then we would get an HD Netflix app. Now you are saying that there will not be one because of cost??

We will get Netflix HD still, just the app wont be different. And only GMS will be done on our quad cores, not our dual cores.

Only the new Netflix app on Android L is different, as we still must use the only Netflix app available to us from the Play Store for versions of Android that are 4.4 and below.

I have seen Android L working on a ATV 1800 this week, but this will take at least 3 months before we can even release it for our boxes.

Ah, I see. Well that's something to look forward to.

Is there any time line yet on that certification? I know I shouldn't ask but I'm really looking forward to that. In fact that is what I thought we were getting when the last update put the MyGica store on our boxes.

I was given a demo of this last week.

But made some suggestions about it, that they now need to work on it.

So still do not want to give a release date yet.

Looks like we are just going to have a much better Netflix on Android 5.0

As it seems Netflix will never change there User Interface for there current version on 4.4 and below, and also we cannot seem to get Netflix HD on this version either.