Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbelli

Invalid wifi password -- can't connect to network

Invalid wifi password -- can't connect to network

Picked up a MyGiga 495 Pro from Staples.ca a week ago and absolutely love it, except for one thing...

I can't connect to my wifi network. I tried with different routers, hot spot on my phone -- NO WAY IT CONNECTS.  Sees all my networks, but after I enter my wifi password I get an invalid password message for any network and any password I enter (other devices WDLive, phones, laptops connect no problem).

No deal breaker for me, as I have the Giga plugged into my router via ethernet anyway, however -- I would like to recommend this model to friends and also maybe later down the road sell it for a newer one -- so getting the wifi network to work would be great!

The questions I have:

- is this a hardware or software issue with this model?

- might the most current update fix the wifi issue (I don't like to update anything unless I have a problem I can't fix and as I say, the box works great through an ethernet cable)

- has tMyGiga received a high number of "can't connect to wifi" complains regarding the 495 compared to other models?

Thanks in advance, great product outside of this issue

Moe

Wow -- thanks so much.

I saw that mentioned before but for some reason I thought I did the initial setup  with wifi -- but I guess I didn't and had the ethernet cable connected, so I got the "invalid password" issue.

Just removed the ethernet cable this morning and was able to connect to my network no problem at all, thanks again!

On 4/26/2017 at 4:41 PM, Brian A said:

I had the same problem, turns out you can't have ethernet and wifi both enabled, only one or the other.

Thanks for sharing this info

Glad it worked out for you mbelli