Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

picardi7690

MyGica ATV1200 shipped with ATV582 Remote

Hello,

I received a new ATV1200 today and noticed a different remote in the box than ones I have received previously. Upon trying to use it, it doesn't seem to work at all with the ATV1200 The remote looks like this:

http://worldwidesatellites.com/images/p ... Remote.JPG

This appears to be a remote for the MyGica ATV582 from the research I've done but the strange thing is that in the user manual it refers to the ATV1200 and still shows a picture of this remote. Is there a way to make this remote work with the ATV1200? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I received a new ATV1200 today and noticed a different remote in the box than ones I have received previously. Upon trying to use it, it doesn't seem to work at all with the ATV1200 The remote looks like this:

http://worldwidesatellites.com/images/p ... Remote.JPG

This appears to be a remote for the MyGica ATV582 from the research I've done but the strange thing is that in the user manual it refers to the ATV1200 and still shows a picture of this remote. Is there a way to make this remote work with the ATV1200? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi

Yes our new version of the ATV 1200 which is our 2014 edition now comes with English/French Packaging, English, French and Spanish user manuals, upgraded to 4.2, and also now boasts the KR60 remote control which is on the ATV 582 and 1800E.

Strange it does not work for you.

You can download files to make it work from here

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

The PDF document that you download for the ATV 1200 will have 2 documents in it, they will have a picture of each remote, so you can determine which firmware files to download.

Justin,

I'm sorry but I'm slightly confused on what you mean about the pictures of the 2 remotes. When i download the pdf file for the ATV1200 I just get the three different user manuals that the 2014 ATV1200 came with: the english one, spanish one, and the french one. I am not sure where to find the firmware files specifically for the KR60 remote. Can you point me in the correct direction?

Justin,

I'm sorry but I'm slightly confused on what you mean about the pictures of the 2 remotes. When i download the pdf file for the ATV1200 I just get the three different user manuals that the 2014 ATV1200 came with: the english one, spanish one, and the french one. I am not sure where to find the firmware files specifically for the KR60 remote. Can you point me in the correct direction?

Sorry you must have downloaded the Manual, to the right of that is the firmware files

http://mygica.com/style/images/dw_a.gif

Here is a direct link to download the PDF files I am talking about.

I just got my 1200 and have the little stubby remote that doesn't work. How do I get this new remote which looks way better than what I have now?

What does not work about your smaller remote control?

And I am not sure if any of our resellers are selling the new bigger remote control, and even if you were to buy this remote for your ATV 1200, you will need to change the firmware on your ATV 1200, since it uses a different remote code.

Hi.

Could you please provide a link as to where I can get the KR60 firmware for the ATV1200.

The link in the forum you posted does not work....

Not Found

The requested URL /download/Software/Mygica-Dual-Core-boxes.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hi.

Could you please provide a link as to where I can get the KR60 firmware for the ATV1200.

The link in the forum you posted does not work....

Not Found

The requested URL /download/Software/Mygica-Dual-Core-boxes.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

They are fixing there downloads page. Should be fixed over the weekend

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have two more question..

1. Why is the ATV 1200 now shipping with the kr60 remote instead of the kr34?

2 Is there also any possibility of changing the IR code on the box, to use with different IR remotes

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have two more question..

1. Why is the ATV 1200 now shipping with the kr60 remote instead of the kr34?

2 Is there also any possibility of changing the IR code on the box, to use with different IR remotes

1. We decided to give the ATV 1200 a better remote control

2. Yes you can use the KR 34 or KR60, just requires a firmware flash for either remote. This is outlined in the PDF document from Mygica.com

Hi

The download page is still down, I understand you have no control over that but are you able to find out when they will be up?

Is it also possible to use a firmware flash so you can use an ir remote other than the kr34 or kr60

Hi,

Just doing some further research and have discovered that the remote I have is the one used with the ATV1220 DVBT2

Is it possible to flash the ATV 1200 with the ATV 1220 firmware once the site is up so I can get my remote to work

By the way what is the model of this remote? I assume kr??

Thanks for all you hard work Justin

The ATV 1220 DVBT2 uses the KR20 remote control, which uses the same IR Code as the KR 34.

You can try the ATV 1220 firmware if you like, it should work, considering the main difference between the 2 units is just the built in TV tuner.

They should have use the same remote code, since I have a ATV 1220 ATSC version and it uses the same remote code as the KR 34. Unless they changed it on the DVB-T2 version.

Don't have a date as to when Mygica.coms downloads page will be up and running.

OK Justin,

Who make the V media boxes that look identical to the ATV 1200, the only difference is they use the KR20 remote.

When I flash these boxes the with firmware on this site I loose remote functionality. I am however able to use a KR34 remote with it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

OK Justin,

Who make the V media boxes that look identical to the ATV 1200, the only difference is they use the KR20 remote.

When I flash these boxes the with firmware on this site I loose remote functionality. I am however able to use a KR34 remote with it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

V media is made by Geniatech. Geniatech is also the maker of the Mygica, however Mygica is there own brand.

V Media is a company which uses Geniatech to make an OEM box for them, which happens to be the ATV 1200.

Which firmware on this site are you using to flash your box?

Hi

Sorry here is the file name...,

MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_kr34.zip

Can I get something from the Geniatech that will work with my remote supposedly the kr20

If so can you please provide me with a link

Thank you for all you work

One other thing

Is the Geniatech model that the mygica 1200 is based on the same model number?

ie: 1200

If you are comparing it to this

http://geniatech.com/pa/atv1200.asp?vd=rj

There are differences to the Mygica model, such as a different casing, and no VGA output or Micro USB.

For the most part, they are the exact same model.

Thank you,

But where do I find the firmware so that I can get my remote that came with my v media box to work with it, once it has been flashed to 4.2

The closest remote that I can compare this to is the kr20 which comes with the ATV1220

Thank you

Vmedia uses the KR20 remote, however they just remapped the buttons to work for there TV service.

I have never used a Vmedia box before though. But I always assumed that the smaller KR34 remote control that come with most of our Dual Core models should work, since it should use the same remote code.

I have used a different mapped out KR20 remote control on our Dual Cores before. Which is this remote here http://worldwidesatellites.com/mygica-k ... p-886.html

However maybe Vmedia uses a different remote code for there boxes. Vmedia still runs on Android 4.1, so you should have only stuck with using the firmware that came on your box.