Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maineman

New Firmware Playback Choppy?

I have installed the new firmware and has been choppy even on my hard drive movies.

Kodi 17.1

can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike

I'm having the same problem...  Kodi 17.0 and 17.1 both have very choppy video...  Older version of Kodi was fine,  but currently we can't use the older version anymore now,  so now I'm unable to use the box really for Kodi...  

it seems you have just gone to settings and clicked on update firmware to OS 5.1 please process a clean update then install your kodi 17.1 and then play your videos, i am playing with 4K videos and 1080P and no issues.

On May 1, 2017 at 9:08 AM, androidlover said:

it seems you have just gone to settings and clicked on update firmware to OS 5.1 please process a clean update then install your kodi 17.1 and then play your videos, i am playing with 4K videos and 1080P and no issues.

How do you do a clean install? Do I do the install from the zip file again to do a clean install and don't touch the settings 

on update firmware?

23 minutes ago, Maineman said:

How do you do a clean install? Do I do the install from the zip file again to do a clean install and don't touch the settings 

on update firmware?

ok follow these steps, 

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32
2. Re-download the firmware link will be at the bottom of this list, 
3. Unzip the files to a folder on your desktop
4. open folder, grab all the files from inside of the folder and drag and drop on the root of your MicroSD card.
5. hook up the MicroSD card to your ATV495Pro
6. hold the power button on ATV495pro while holding hook up the power, 
7. still hold on the power button for 10 seconds, 
8. on the screen you will see an android guy with something running at the bottom. 

leave it for good 4 minutes and you will be on the welcome screen 

that is a clean install.  

(( NOTE )) your data inside of the box will be wiped. 

On May 2, 2017 at 11:32 AM, bindaredondat said:

I reinstalled the firmware and downloaded Kodi 17.1 and looks like it got worse. Any suggestions?

1. ok follow these steps, 

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32
2. Re-download the firmware link will be at the bottom of this list, 
3. Unzip the files to a folder on your desktop
4. open folder, grab all the files from inside of the folder and drag and drop on the root of your MicroSD card.
5. hook up the MicroSD card to your ATV495Pro
6. hold the power button on ATV495pro while holding hook up the power, 
7. still hold on the power button for 10 seconds, 
8. on the screen you will see an android guy with something running at the bottom. 

leave it for good 4 minutes and you will be on the welcome screen 

that is a clean install.  

(( NOTE )) your data inside of the box will be wiped. 

So what is the consensus with the upgrade for the 1800E... I'm running Lollipop but still using SPMC as the Giga Media Centre & Kodi 17.1 keep freezing my box when I try and stream certain sources of 1080p...

Internet connection is fast enough for up to 4K... Thoughts anyone... ?

5 hours ago, KCCO-Town said:

So what is the consensus with the upgrade for the 1800E... I'm running Lollipop but still using SPMC as the Giga Media Centre & Kodi 17.1 keep freezing my box when I try and stream certain sources of 1080p...

Internet connection is fast enough for up to 4K... Thoughts anyone... ?

If you arent having issues running spmc on 4.4, then I think the old phrase "if it aint broke, dont fix it" might apply here.

That being said, there has been a lot of good feedback on the 1800e 5.1 update. There are a couple of minor issues, but if you require the update, those problems will be minimal.

17 hours ago, bhuvi100x said:

1800E Choppy vid for sure, any fix? or 16.1 is better?

can you please tell me, which file you are playing that showing choppy?  if you have a link where we could get the file I would like to find out how it shudders.

1 hour ago, bindaredondat said:

can you please tell me, which file you are playing that showing choppy?  if you have a link where we could get the file I would like to find out how it shudders.

For me it's all files/media (even my DVD's I digitized)  is all of them. It's the firmware. Any tweaks?

20 hours ago, Maineman said:

For me it's all files/media (even my DVD's I digitized)  is all of them. It's the firmware. Any tweaks?

in that case please try to factory reset and try to update to Kodi 17.1 again and try it again, cause I have no issue as you indicating it could be something with software that bugged.  but factory reset should help.

7 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

in that case please try to factory reset and try to update to Kodi 17.1 again and try it again, cause I have no issue as you indicating it could be something with software that bugged.  but factory reset should help.

Thank you. I will try

On 5/9/2017 at 10:15 AM, Maineman said:

I found this video that seemed to  help. Check it out.

I am still using my Mygica 1800e with 5,1 dated Nov 16 update and no matter what I try, it stutters on the video portion of ANY playback except 4K movie player.  It is not the internet (50/10) as new everything was updated, including the underground cable from the box.  After two sd based clean installs with the same results, maybe there is something new out there that will work as my laptop does not stutter with the same setting (windows).  Any suggestion would be extremely appreciated!

2 hours ago, RYCBAR said:

I am still using my Mygica 1800e with 5,1 dated Nov 16 update and no matter what I try, it stutters on the video portion of ANY playback except 4K movie player.  It is not the internet (50/10) as new everything was updated, including the underground cable from the box.  After two sd based clean installs with the same results, maybe there is something new out there that will work as my laptop does not stutter with the same setting (windows).  Any suggestion would be extremely appreciated!

Have you tried a factory reset and starting from scratch?

Does netflix or youtube stutter as well?

12 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Have you tried a factory reset and starting from scratch?

Does netflix or youtube stutter as well?

Yes this is a clean install but each time I do it it freezes on the second portion of the load and each time it happens I worry of bricking it!  I was hoping that there was a newer boot card version than 9/26/2016 and I have also heard that the 1800 simply can't keep up to 5.1....

I never tested youtube and I am not a netflix user.

Youtube is pre-installed on the firmware. Checking to see if HD videos play properly on that is a good way to check if the GPU is working properly. 

Generally, if a 1080p video is playing properly in youtube, then issues relating to playback in kodi are generally user error during setup. 

If 1080p videos are also choppy, then this usually signals a hardware issue with the system. While the 5.1 fw for the 1800e isnt perfect, it shouldn't have any problems with what you are trying to do.