Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpmccarthy

Updated Media Center Fork - 17.1

@Justin any update on the readiness of the updated fork? Will that go directly to the playstore, and if so, will the 7.0 fork register it as an update?

Thanks!

Just now, jpmccarthy said:

@Justin any update on the readiness of the updated fork? Will that go directly to the playstore, and if so, will the 7.0 fork register it as an update?

Thanks!

17.1 hope to release this month

I am having issues putting the 17 fork onto the Playstore, Google is not accepting it.
I am waiting on an email response from Google on this.

Thanks - might be tricky with the playstore just given the news around Kodi as of late, but I'm good with a straight up APK or play store updates - just should be a dedicated area in downloads for the fork if that is where users should go to get updates.

Great job by the way - enjoying the 17.0 immensely. 

Just now, jpmccarthy said:

Thanks - might be tricky with the playstore just given the news around Kodi as of late, but I'm good with a straight up APK or play store updates - just should be a dedicated area in downloads for the fork if that is where users should go to get updates.

Great job by the way - enjoying the 17.0 immensely. 

Yes if I cannot get it into the Playstore, I will dedicate a download page to it here.
I can also submit it to our MyGica store for download.

Hi Justin

Do you find the fork's interface to be significantly slower than Kodi? I have a 582 and am using the fork but most of the time i revert back to old kodi because the loading time of pages and cover art ect takes ages. Are you having a similar experience? If so, have you found a workaround?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Jasonds said:

Hi Justin

Do you find the fork's interface to be significantly slower than Kodi? I have a 582 and am using the fork but most of the time i revert back to old kodi because the loading time of pages and cover art ect takes ages. Are you having a similar experience? If so, have you found a workaround?

Thanks

Firstly, you will find that Kodi 17.1 per se is slightly slower than Kodi 16.1, that you can blame/attribute to the Kodi development team, especially with the skin and interface changes. On my Windows 10 desktop I've reverted back to the old skin in Kodi 17.1.

I've been using the latest fork for about 3 weeks now, on my 582, there is definitely no difference in "speed" as far as I am concerned. The fork via addons like Exodus provide a lot more stable links to movies and series episodes than Kodi 16.1 does ..... and they work .... whereas a lot do not work in Kodi 16.1 anymore due to SSL and Python changes.

2 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

@Justin Still on target for May for 17.1 fork? 

I should have something for our side to test this week.

So still on track for May release for now.

3 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

LOL and then 17.2 dropped ... *sigh*

17.1 I believe is the last version

They just put out the development build for 18.0

But I don't see that becoming official for at least 6 months or more.

18 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

Actually 17.2 deployed today for at least android and Linux.  

Yes I seen it shortly after making my post on my phone.

Kodi.tv News page lists it mostly as small bug fixes and a security fix with Sub Titles.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:25 AM, cdnhollywood said:

@Justin any chance we can get this on the MyGica downloads page?  I have an ATV 380 which can't get to Android 5, so I need the port.

I will put it up this week

Plus submitting it to the Aptoide TV Store/MyGica Store

On 5/29/2017 at 0:33 PM, Justin said:

Any luck posting the binary?  Looking to upgrade soon.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:04 PM, cdnhollywood said:

Any luck posting the binary?  Looking to upgrade soon.

No as there are 2 issues.

1. Cannot upgrade it from 17.0

2. Working on 17.3 instead.

However I think 17.3 will be the last official release from Team KODI, based on previous versions not really going past a third official version.
So once MMC 17.3 is available, users should be able to use it for a long period of time.

Hi all, new on the forum, please advise, I have been having issues with Exodus on Kodi, so I tired installation Of Kodi 17.3, then found out that it's not compatible with Mygica,  Atv 582 so went back to Kodi 16.1 and now can't load fusion for Exodus. Any suggestions please, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Malcolmv said:

Hi all, new on the forum, please advise, I have been having issues with Exodus on Kodi, so I tired installation Of Kodi 17.3, then found out that it's not compatible with Mygica,  Atv 582 so went back to Kodi 16.1 and now can't load fusion for Exodus. Any suggestions please, thanks.

This actually has nothing to do with Kodi or mygica... Tvaddons who hosted that addon and others shut down, as they are being sued for copyright infringement. Third party addons are not supported by Kodi BUT if you search a bit you'll find something that works I'm sure. 

On 29/05/2017 at 0:33 PM, Justin said:

Hi Justin, 

I just check the mygica store and I can not find the mygica media player?  Is this going to be available one day or do I need to go back and find the link to download it?  

18 hours ago, SarahR said:

Hi Justin, 

I just check the mygica store and I can not find the mygica media player?  Is this going to be available one day or do I need to go back and find the link to download it?  

I submitted it over a month ago

Will have to contact Aptoide directly to see whats going on.

What Model # of MyGica are you using?

Hi Justin, I have been keeping an eye on the mygica store as well.  We have a 586 at our cottage and I believe the one at home is an 1800 (but I'm not home right now to check), neither of them show the mygica media centre in the mygica store.  I guess I will have to go back through the forums and see if I can find the link.  Can you please just make a dedicated link to download at the very least?  Something hopefully easy to navigate to using the remotes included in with the boxes?  Thanks!