Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick White

OTA Update Wishlist

OTA Update Wishlist

I am absolutely loving my MyGica android box but I have a few wish list ideas for a perfect world.

• Notification when updates for your installed apps are available.   Some apps are installed from Google play store and some apps are from MyGica store.  Both require manual checking to see if updates are available.   If having this app constantly running would be too system intensive then an app to check only when manually run would be nice.
  • Full screen on Youtube app (android tv version) to get rid of the android notification bar at top
  • Ability to re-assign the 8 main quick start icons on main menu without having to uninstall the app to free up the slot

These aren't complaints.  Just suggestions how to make things better :)

On 5/3/2017 at 3:25 PM, Rick White said:

OTA Update Wishlist

I am absolutely loving my MyGica android box but I have a few wish list ideas for a perfect world.

• Notification when updates for your installed apps are available.   Some apps are installed from Google play store and some apps are from MyGica store.  Both require manual checking to see if updates are available.   If having this app constantly running would be too system intensive then an app to check only when manually run would be nice.
  • Full screen on Youtube app (android tv version) to get rid of the android notification bar at top
  • Ability to re-assign the 8 main quick start icons on main menu without having to uninstall the app to free up the slot

These aren't complaints.  Just suggestions how to make things better :)

Thanks for the suggestions

Here is my response to all of them.  

1. We are looking at changing app stores actually, just narrowing it down to the right company we want to use.  The one I am leaning towards does exactly what you are asking for and they also grab apps from the Playstore.  They can also do silent updates in the background.

2. Will try and see if this part can be fixed.

3. If you highlight the icon and hold down the OK button on the remote.  You will be taken to the list of apps and you can choose which one you want to change.

Thanks for the reply!

As for the Youtube app I just noticed that the Android TV version is no longer listed on the MyGica store.   Odd.   I thought this was the version installed with the box when shipped (without it being listed we can't update it).   I think I remembered trying the other one on the MyGica store for phones and didn't like the way it functioned (designed more for people with touch screens).

On 5/7/2017 at 5:55 PM, Rick White said:

Thanks for the reply!

As for the Youtube app I just noticed that the Android TV version is no longer listed on the MyGica store.   Odd.   I thought this was the version installed with the box when shipped (without it being listed we can't update it).   I think I remembered trying the other one on the MyGica store for phones and didn't like the way it functioned (designed more for people with touch screens).

The MyGica store is maintained by Aptoide
So they must have removed it.

I am looking at some other App Store options right now though, just haven't made a decision yet.