Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is atv586 supports both isdb and dvb?

would just like to confirm if there are separate model of 586 for isdb and dvb? or are all 586 supports both standards? or when purchasing 586 we should check first if it is for dvb or for isdb? i ask because im from the philippines and recently both 586 from an online store but it was unable to scan channels. and in our country i beliece uses isdb. but the box of 586 says dvb-t2. does this mean i got the wrong model and should have looked for isdb version instead. if of any help, the online store is supposed to be localized in our country so i presumed they are selling what is compatible to our standard.

thanks in advance.

Hello Guest,

The MyGica 586 that you bought sounds like it was meant for North American ATSC. Unfortunately I can't find the Philippine distributor of MyGica at the moment as the site is down. Please check other countries distributions of MyGica products websites to look for the DVB tech you need.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:15 PM, guest said:

would just like to confirm if there are separate model of 586 for isdb and dvb? or are all 586 supports both standards? or when purchasing 586 we should check first if it is for dvb or for isdb? i ask because im from the philippines and recently both 586 from an online store but it was unable to scan channels. and in our country i beliece uses isdb. but the box of 586 says dvb-t2. does this mean i got the wrong model and should have looked for isdb version instead. if of any help, the online store is supposed to be localized in our country so i presumed they are selling what is compatible to our standard.

thanks in advance.

There are 3 different models of the 586

Each model uses a different Tuner

1. ATSC - For North America and Europe

2. ISDB-T -  Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Chile, Honduras, Venezuela, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Philippines, Bolivia, Nicaragua

3. DVB-T/T2 - Too many countries to list. So take a look at it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_television_deployments_by_country

Since you are in the Philippines you should have bought the ISDB-T model.

Thanks for the replies.

You are right Justin, I think the online merchant's ad was misleading since they specifically posted that it is an ISDB-T version. And I presumed that it is since they are a local seller so they should not sell an item which is not compatible with our locale or if they are and they know it they should have mentioned it on the ad.

When I received it, I thought I just need to test it first since it could be that it has both DVB and ISDB support. So now I have confirmed that this is not the case, and that was the reason I was unable to get any reception from any of our local digital channels.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:21 PM, guest said:

Thanks for the replies.

You are right Justin, I think the online merchant's ad was misleading since they specifically posted that it is an ISDB-T version. And I presumed that it is since they are a local seller so they should not sell an item which is not compatible with our locale or if they are and they know it they should have mentioned it on the ad.

When I received it, I thought I just need to test it first since it could be that it has both DVB and ISDB support. So now I have confirmed that this is not the case, and that was the reason I was unable to get any reception from any of our local digital channels.

Sorry to hear this.  I would contact your local seller to rectify this issue.

But there are 3 versions of the 586

ISDB-T

DVB-T/T2

ATSC

We cannot combine the tuners as they are all 3 different standards.

Hello. My English is not so good and I'm grateful to you. I wanted to announce a problem, and I'm having trouble with the DVBT2 HEVC TV channels and the noise of the images. where is the problem from?

IMG_20180203_130027_138.jpg

On 2/5/2018 at 5:32 PM, alibrax said:

Hello. My English is not so good and I'm grateful to you. I wanted to announce a problem, and I'm having trouble with the DVBT2 HEVC TV channels and the noise of the images. where is the problem from?

IMG_20180203_130027_138.jpg

We're only familiar with ATSC and not DVB-T2

Please email support@mygica.com for better support on this