Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dweglo

ATV380 firmware upgrade advice needed

my ATV380 is acting up and I wasn't to try a firmware update.   I have downloaded the code but look at the installation instructions and it refers to a reset switch/button  that is not on the ATV380 HW unit from what I can see (its possibly on the alternate  ATV582).

what is the correct process for deploying updated FW for this ATV380 model?

2 minutes ago, dweglo said:

my ATV380 is acting up and I wasn't to try a firmware update.   I have downloaded the code but look at the installation instructions and it refers to a reset switch/button  that is not on the ATV380 HW unit from what I can see (its possibly on the alternate  ATV582).

what is the correct process for deploying updated FW for this ATV380 model?

The reset button is the Power button on the front of the unit.

If you hold this button down, it activates the reset button

I am still confused Justin, and thanks for the quick answer on my earlier question.

My ATV380 unit current has FW  Build #2016_0720 on it, which I loaded in late 2016.  See attached file showing current FW on unit.

I downloaded the recommended current code from the MyGica website today, and it seems to be older 2016_0323.  Following is what I see today:

Can you clarify what will do the job for me, thanks.  Did I load the wrong code late last year?  the main issues I am having with my unit is that it wont shut down Kodi, I need to do a hard reset on it almost every time I use it.

IMG_0648 (1).JPG

My ATV380 unit current has FW  Build #2016_0720 on it, which I loaded in late 2016.  See attached file showing current FW on unit.

I downloaded the recommended current code from the MyGica website today, and it seems to be older 2016_0323. 

Can you clarify what will do the job for me, thanks.    the main issues I am having with my unit is that it wont shut down Kodi, I need to do a hard reset on it almost every time I use it.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:44 AM, dweglo said:

I downloaded the recommended current code from the MyGica website today, and it seems to be older 2016_0323. 

Can you clarify what will do the job for me, thanks.    the main issues I am having with my unit is that it wont shut down Kodi, I need to do a hard reset on it almost every time I use it.

0720 is the last latest Android 4.4 firmware we released for the ATV 380.

Also sometimes it can take 1-2 mins to shut off Kodi when you select Exit

If you have 100+ addons this can cause it to take long to close
I have the exact same issue even when using a Windows 10 PC.