Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dpalmeri

format to Fat32

format to Fat32

I am trying to update my Mygica 1800 to Lollipop from KitKat and after formatting my USB stick to Fat32 and dropping the Update File for Lollipop into my USB Stick and then connecting it to my USB port on my box and going into my Mygica Box and going to Update and click Local Update, I don't see the file to Update to Lollipop. What am i missing here?

20 hours ago, dpalmeri said:

format to Fat32

I am trying to update my Mygica 1800 to Lollipop from KitKat and after formatting my USB stick to Fat32 and dropping the Update File for Lollipop into my USB Stick and then connecting it to my USB port on my box and going into my Mygica Box and going to Update and click Local Update, I don't see the file to Update to Lollipop. What am i missing here?

When in the local update menu, and you do not see any files

Press the 3 lined menu button on the remote 10+ times

The file should appear after this.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, dpalmeri said:

I am using this remote. Which button are you referring to?

20170511_143647.jpg

Wow I am shocked that the Riitek remote does not have the button I am referring to

I was referring to the 3 lined menu button on a MyGica remote. though.

10 hours ago, Justin said:

Wow I am shocked that the Riitek remote does not have the button I am referring to

I was referring to the 3 lined menu button on a MyGica remote. though.

wow.. he stumped ya..lol.. been a while since ive seen that. anyhoo not totally sure here on  the usb update but it shud be the same as sd card. if youve dl the kodi 17.1/1900 firmware file to your usb stick. all ya shud have ta do is plug the usb in. disconect power. hold in the reset button on back of box beside the hdmi w pen/pin etc. n plug power back in as u hold the reset button for 5-10 secs. it shud do it all its self from there. good luck

On 5/13/2017 at 2:38 AM, no12nv said:

wow.. he stumped ya..lol.. been a while since ive seen that. anyhoo not totally sure here on  the usb update but it shud be the same as sd card. if youve dl the kodi 17.1/1900 firmware file to your usb stick. all ya shud have ta do is plug the usb in. disconect power. hold in the reset button on back of box beside the hdmi w pen/pin etc. n plug power back in as u hold the reset button for 5-10 secs. it shud do it all its self from there. good luck

In reality it should work this way with a USB

But it is the way Android is designed to only grab the bootcard files from an SD card

19 hours ago, dpalmeri said:

Copied files to an SD card and it was able to read and update. All is good again. Thanks very much.

Ok good to hear you got it working.