Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alansa

USB Hard drive power problem.

How do I reduce the power usage of my 485 media player?

I have a 2TB  Seagate portable hard drive that draws it's power through the media player's USB port and I suspect it is not getting enough juice. Once in a while the hard drive freezes up making a clicking sound. Restarting the the media player usually sorts it out but not always. I have no issues with the hard drive when it's connected to my pc or directly to the TV. If I could reduce the power burden on the media player perhaps that would sort out the problem.

On 5/20/2017 at 2:06 PM, Alansa said:

How do I reduce the power usage of my 485 media player?

I have a 2TB  Seagate portable hard drive that draws it's power through the media player's USB port and I suspect it is not getting enough juice. Once in a while the hard drive freezes up making a clicking sound. Restarting the the media player usually sorts it out but not always. I have no issues with the hard drive when it's connected to my pc or directly to the TV. If I could reduce the power burden on the media player perhaps that would sort out the problem.

What is the Volts and Amps that your hard drive uses?

The 585 outputs 5V/2Amps

I got the same problem. This mygica is the worst buy I ever done. The product spec states you can connect four USB devices. After I bought it, then I relies you can only connect three devices. When the three devices are connected the you only able to use two devices. On USB drive and one USB HDD drive. With my old one patriot. .. I had no problems