Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JordanZa

Kodi 17.1 - No DTS Passthrough

Kodi 17.1 - No DTS Passthrough

Hi Guys, 

I received my box today and I'm busy getting it up and running. 

My reciever is connected via SPDIF, and DTS streams are received when I play my content via USB using the media player preinstalled.

But on Kodi there is no option under pass through to select DTS Capable Reciever.

AC3/Dolby works fine. And if I set speaker config to 2.0 it trancodes DTS to PCM. But that is useless to me.

Please can someone suggest what else can I try?

This box was bought specifically for my KODI environment. If it can't do DTS from KODI then it needs to be returned.

I have my AV Receiver connected via SPDIF and was able to get working with DTS on Kodi. 

Did you try going to System menu in Kodi and select Audio Output Tab and enable passthrough, and selecting that you have a DTS capable AV receiver.

Note you may have to set Kodi menu's from basic to advanced to see these options (as I recall this button is on bottom left corner of menu).

In addition to DTS you need to say you have Dolby Digital capable receiver, and may have to enable Dolby Digital Transcoding depending on your AV Receiver.

Another thing to note, is that when using SPDIF connection for these digital audio signals, the volume on the MyGica box will go to 100% and if you try to lower it with the volume control on the MyGica remote audio will disappear and you will hear a lot of digital noise.

This is a limitation of passing digital audio through the older SPDIF interface, so to control volume, leave at 100% on MyGica box and use volume control on the AV Receiver.

Hi David22,

Thanks for the reply.

I am very familiar with KODI, and I have Passthrough enabled in System. But as I said in my original post, "But on KODI there is no option under pass through to select DTS Capable Receiver. "

There is no selection at all, even with setup filter set to Expert. Only Dolby Digital Receiver. DTS just isn't there.  Hence AC3 working.

I did the OTA update when the box turned on for the first time. So I assume it is the newest FW.

I need to get an answer on this one, as on the KODI forums, they say I've bought a rubbish Android box with bad firmware support. I thought the pricing of this unit put it in a league above "Rubbish", but if I was wrong and it needs to go back to my retailer, I have to do it with-in 7 days.

I bought my MyGica ATV 1900 PRO from Canada Computers and have had no problem.  I did OTA about a month ago when box requested.

I tried Kodi 17.1 (installed it from the playstore, but did not like the way it changed the menus all around.

Also found it did not play DVD image files very well, so went back to Kodi 16.1

Also have a couple of MyGica 1800e boxes, both running Kodi 16.1 with no problems.

So sounds like you should return your box.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:57 AM, JordanZa said:

Hi David22,

Thanks for the reply.

I am very familiar with KODI, and I have Passthrough enabled in System. But as I said in my original post, "But on KODI there is no option under pass through to select DTS Capable Receiver. "

There is no selection at all, even with setup filter set to Expert. Only Dolby Digital Receiver. DTS just isn't there.  Hence AC3 working.

I did the OTA update when the box turned on for the first time. So I assume it is the newest FW.

I need to get an answer on this one, as on the KODI forums, they say I've bought a rubbish Android box with bad firmware support. I thought the pricing of this unit put it in a league above "Rubbish", but if I was wrong and it needs to go back to my retailer, I have to do it with-in 7 days.

Have you tried SPMC?

This is a very good fork of KODI

They have passthrough working.