Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noobie

Remote control IR

Remote control IR

So I am planning on getting an ATV-495 Pro but I need to find out a little more about the remote controls IR.

I am planning on connecting the 495 Pro to the TV in the living room where I have an existing HDMI splitter and transmitter which sends HDMI via Cat5 to the receiver in the bedroom.

I see that the remote controls have IR and a WiFi dongle and I was wondering if I wanted to control the 495 Pro from the bedroom using the supplied remote control over WiFi would this work?

If you are able to use the remote control over WiFi to control the unit, then why is there an IR emitter fitted to the remote control?

On 5/25/2017 at 3:21 PM, Noobie said:

Remote control IR

So I am planning on getting an ATV-495 Pro but I need to find out a little more about the remote controls IR.

I am planning on connecting the 495 Pro to the TV in the living room where I have an existing HDMI splitter and transmitter which sends HDMI via Cat5 to the receiver in the bedroom.

I see that the remote controls have IR and a WiFi dongle and I was wondering if I wanted to control the 495 Pro from the bedroom using the supplied remote control over WiFi would this work?

If you are able to use the remote control over WiFi to control the unit, then why is there an IR emitter fitted to the remote control?

The IR emitter on the remote is only for the power button
To turn the box ON/OFF

All other functions of the remote are done through the USB 2.4GHZ RF.
This is not done over Wifi.