Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamesATV1900PRO

Netflix HD????????

Netflix HD????????

So I went out today and upgraded to this android box the is claiming he Netflix.

Got home hooked up my brand new 1900 pro and it took an Italian update to 1.30

The included Netflix app doesn't do hd at all it's the same app that gives me 480p on my old box. Went to google play store Netflix app there not compatible. Went to apkmirror sideloaded android tv version  won't play.

So where is this HD Netflix which is the only reason I "upgraded to this"

I'm not impressed yet to be honest. Write 64 bit on the box and supply a 32 bit os ok fine.  But say HD Netflix and the no HD Netflix and to achieve 480p you need to side load?  I think I'm returning this box. As I already have a s912 with marshmallow no name box that was great but didn't do Netflix HD. Currently this upgrade is feeling like a downgrade. Smaller cpu, smaller cpu and I have a feeling no Netflix HD.

Although not a resolve to your box issue but something to keep in mind if you Google Netflix and rooted devices you might find a good read and info as they are blocking some devices

On 5/26/2017 at 8:06 AM, JamesATV1900PRO said:

irrelevant. my box is not rooted. my box is however advertised as netflix hd

Netflix not showing up on the Playstore is not only for rooted boxes.

They are also blocking non google certified devices as well.

And only the com.netflix.ninja_3.3.2_build_1530-1530_minAPI22(armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_MOD.apk

Will get you Netflix HD

15 hours ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

Hi Justin. Ok thanks for the APK suggestion. Do you use this APK yourself?

I have used it before.

Much easier to use with a remote now on this one.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, Justin said:

Ok let me know

I'm using this version of Netflix - I went to use it recently after it was working for awhile, found that I had been logged out of Netflix. I logged back in, and now it gives an error when trying to play anything, "unable to play content". 

Is this version still working for anyone else? 

It really is too bad that Netflix doesn't have a '10-foot interface' version of their app in the Play Store, only the touch version. Even within the existing app, it would be simple to add a setting to alter the UI. I wonder if there is anything consumers can do...

23 hours ago, 0rion said:

I'm using this version of Netflix - I went to use it recently after it was working for awhile, found that I had been logged out of Netflix. I logged back in, and now it gives an error when trying to play anything, "unable to play content". 

Is this version still working for anyone else? 

It really is too bad that Netflix doesn't have a '10-foot interface' version of their app in the Play Store, only the touch version. Even within the existing app, it would be simple to add a setting to alter the UI. I wonder if there is anything consumers can do...

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it.  See if that works

Also I do agree with you on the 10-foot interface app being available in the Play Store
However I have spoken to the right people at Netflix about this and they told me that they have never made the 10-foot interface app for AOSP devices, since all AOSP certified devices are Mobile and Tablets.  They refer us to go to Android TV OS instead, which is a whole different process and would also require releasing a different/newer model.