Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Georg_ATV586

No stereo (or right channel)

No stereo (or right channel)

I don't have stereo on my 586ATSC. Or to be more precise, I only have the left channel, and not the right.

I have played a song in the music in which there is distinct left and right channels and the right channel doesn't play (in Kodi).

I have watched a movie on my NAS in which there were 2 distinct channels and the right channel was missing (in Kodi).

I have watched a YouTube video (stereo speaker test video) and nothing comes through on the right channel (in main MyGica).

I have tried other HDMI cables, I have swapped with my ASUS media player (which doesn't have any problems).

I have tried different HDMI inputs with no change.

I have tried shutting the unit off, unplugged for >12 hours and restarted to no affect.

I could not seem any right/left channel balance anywhere so I don't know if this is the problem.

Any suggestions?

Also, Kodi keeps warning me of severe security risks running anything less than Kodi17.3.

Can anything be done about this?

Georg

it seems you have a bad box, Create RMA Request through http://help.mygica.tv  

- Kodi 17.3 requires OS 5.0 or higher, which ATV586 can not support due to hardware limitation. 

- On OS 4.4 we have created our own Forked Kodi 17 called MMC 17

- The security risk you are taking about was brought up by TVaddons group which are not part of kodi group.  
- As per kodi group if you are using Subtitle you are more then safe to use Kodi lower than 17.1.