Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wozza

Wifi Connected but not connecting to the internet

Hi there I recently loaded the latest factory firmware and am now experiencing  big issues I can connect to my wifi but then anything that requires internet doesn't work. Egsamples are play store netflix and browser. Please help me.

3 hours ago, Wozza said:

Hi there I recently loaded the latest factory firmware and am now experiencing  big issues I can connect to my wifi but then anything that requires internet doesn't work. Egsamples are play store netflix and browser. Please help me.

Are you using a router or other device that the MyGica connects to via wireless.

In most cases connection between a pc/laptop/Android device etc. to a router will show as "connected to the internet", HOWEVER the router itself may not be connected to whatever facility (e.g. cable, DSL, wifi etc.) to your service provider/ISP ... that is normally when the apps fail.

Hi to answer your question I am using my laptop connected to the same router in order to post this and check if anyone has had the same fault. Unfortunately I can't find anything. Its almost as if the option for using data is blocked almost like you switched off mobile data on your phone, it's still connected to the network but no data transmission.

On 5/28/2017 at 4:04 AM, Wozza said:

Hi to answer your question I am using my laptop connected to the same router in order to post this and check if anyone has had the same fault. Unfortunately I can't find anything. Its almost as if the option for using data is blocked almost like you switched off mobile data on your phone, it's still connected to the network but no data transmission.

Try changing Wifi channels on your router.

The one you are currently using might not be working properly on the box.