Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC007

Loses Network Connection after Standby

Hi there,

I have this annoying issue that my device loses network connection (STATIC IP Address) after coming out of Standby. I then have to Reboot to get it back.

7 hours ago, JC007 said:

Hi there,

I have this annoying issue that my device loses network connection (STATIC IP Address) after coming out of Standby. I then have to Reboot to get it back.

Why not use DHCP this is a better setting to use?

Hi Justin

My whole network is setup with Static IPs. Why would the LAN connection drop when coming out of Standby? This should not happen? The Static IP Address is still assigned, but connection (little LAN icon, bottom right of screen) is gone. I then have to reboot and then all is fine.

6 hours ago, JC007 said:

Hi Justin

My whole network is setup with Static IPs. Why would the LAN connection drop when coming out of Standby? This should not happen? The Static IP Address is still assigned, but connection (little LAN icon, bottom right of screen) is gone. I then have to reboot and then all is fine.

Ok this makes more sense.

Will have to take a look at this and see why it happens.

On 5/30/2017 at 6:42 AM, JC007 said:

Hi Justin

JC,

Please give us some more details of the type of network you are hooking this into. You mention this is at the office, is this going into a wireless connection, into a router, switch? the more details the better. I use static at home, and have not run into this issue. I am running a bridged modem into my cheap router.

I suspect that maybe this is related to how your network is giving permissions to its ip addresses. However, I do not want to jump to any conclusions just yet.

This is a network at home that comprises of 14 usable IPv4 Public IPs of which I have assigned one static IP to myGica. I connect to my NAS, which also has one of these static IPs. All is fine when I boot first time or restart, but when I go onto Standby for a while and switch the myGica back on again, it does not automatically log into the NAS again. If I look at the Network Connection, it says "no connection" or "not connected". If I switch the Network Device "Off" and "On" again, it connects and all is fine.

Bottom Line... the network is missing after coming out of Standby and it needs manual convention to connect again.

I have a static IP assigned to the Mygica box also.   The box is connected to a switch which is connected to my router.

For me, the MyGica box will re-acquire the network fairly fast, but for some reason Kodi is extremely stubborn at seeing the DLNA server I have running on my computer.  I have to shut down Kodi completely and and restart it before it can see the DLNA media server on the network.

Not quite your issue but enough that I feel your pain.

Hmmm, I may have written too soon.   My recent problem seems to be an issue with the IP I assigned in the router.   When I revoked the reservation on the DHCP list the MyGica box saw the DLNA server.   Looks like it was something that went amiss with the IP assignments.   Maybe assigning it a static IP is not a good thing for what I am doing on my network.

I also noticed that the network is missing (dropped) after I paused a video for a long time. I had to restart as Kodi would not continue at all!

My ATV495PRO is wired over Ethernet (to switch, then to router) with a private Static IP configured on the MyGica itself.  I can go into and out of Standby and it only takes 2-3 seconds to re-establish network connection.

I am not clear on JC007's setup, but Rick seems to be using DHCP Reservation on his router, so the box still has to make a request to the router's DHCP server and maybe the Android firmware does not do a good job of sending the request when coming out of Standby.  If so, Rick can try assigning a Static IP on the MyGica itself, although this would sacrifice the central IP administration capability of the router.

On 9/16/2017 at 6:44 PM, wcs2229 said:

My ATV495PRO is wired over Ethernet (to switch, then to router) with a private Static IP configured on the MyGica itself.  I can go into and out of Standby and it only takes 2-3 seconds to re-establish network connection.

I am not clear on JC007's setup, but Rick seems to be using DHCP Reservation on his router, so the box still has to make a request to the router's DHCP server and maybe the Android firmware does not do a good job of sending the request when coming out of Standby.  If so, Rick can try assigning a Static IP on the MyGica itself, although this would sacrifice the central IP administration capability of the router.

Do you have the slow connection issue coming out of Standby on both Ethernet + Wifi?