Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC007

Time is Reset after Standby or Reboot

Hi There,

The device's time is reset to 0:00 every time I reboot or the device comes out of Standby and then it would not update. This happens when the Auto Set Time is On or Off. Every now and then, the time will be Auto Updated when I have the Auto Set Time setting set to On. It seems that the device does not keep the time after power off?

7 hours ago, JC007 said:

Hi There,

The device's time is reset to 0:00 every time I reboot or the device comes out of Standby and then it would not update. This happens when the Auto Set Time is On or Off. Every now and then, the time will be Auto Updated when I have the Auto Set Time setting set to On. It seems that the device does not keep the time after power off?

The device time comes from an internet connection.

Which time zone did you select, I can try it here to see if I get the same issue.

17 hours ago, Justin said:

The device time comes from an internet connection.

Which time zone did you select, I can try it here to see if I get the same issue.

Cairo +2:00

I also noticed that the date/time is lost on Reboot (Auto Set Time is ON) even though the unit is still plugged in (I don't think the box has an RTC battery).  However, my ATV495PRO still keeps correct date/time going in and out of Standby.

It takes a bit of time (up to 30 seconds) for wifi network to reconnect, get an IP from DHCP and sync date/time again.  The shock to me was that, during this initial boot period, the schedules I set in the "Auto Reboot" and "Titanium Backup" apps would start running immediately at wrong time when the clock was not set.  I ended up connecting to my network via wired Ethernet with a Static IP configured on the MyGica itself, so it only takes 3-5 seconds to resync the clock after boot before these apps have started up.

I initially used "Autostart and StaY" to delay the startup of these apps for 30 seconds, which worked also, but the Ethernet method is better.

On 9/17/2017 at 12:17 AM, wcs2229 said:

I also noticed that the date/time is lost on Reboot (Auto Set Time is ON) even though the unit is still plugged in (I don't think the box has an RTC battery).  However, my ATV495PRO still keeps correct date/time going in and out of Standby.

It takes a bit of time (up to 30 seconds) for wifi network to reconnect, get an IP from DHCP and sync date/time again.  The shock to me was that, during this initial boot period, the schedules I set in the "Auto Reboot" and "Titanium Backup" apps would start running immediately at wrong time when the clock was not set.  I ended up connecting to my network via wired Ethernet with a Static IP configured on the MyGica itself, so it only takes 3-5 seconds to resync the clock after boot before these apps have started up.

I initially used "Autostart and StaY" to delay the startup of these apps for 30 seconds, which worked also, but the Ethernet method is better.

Wow very detailed response

Thanks for sharing this information