Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lynnr

Atv1800E. Corrupted after attempted update to android 5.1

Hi, 

upgrade attempt to android 5.1. Froze at 80%. Followed instructions to unplug and restart.  Did not work

Tried to a factory install...  Screen flashing pink...couldn't input any commands using the remote.

Tried so many times...now it's just a black screen when the box is turned on.

Can someone provide instructions on how to reformat and reinstall the most current version of the operating system software.  PLease provide links to the software.

3 hours ago, lynnr said:

Hi, 

upgrade attempt to android 5.1. Froze at 80%. Followed instructions to unplug and restart.  Did not work

Tried to a factory install...  Screen flashing pink...couldn't input any commands using the remote.

Tried so many times...now it's just a black screen when the box is turned on.

Can someone provide instructions on how to reformat and reinstall the most current version of the operating system software.  PLease provide links to the software.

You can try these files to go back to Android 4.4

I followed all the steps.  The android guy did not appear.  I see a split green screen and nothing else. It does not appear to be reading the USB (the lights on it would be flashing). I formatted it to FAT32 before extracting the zip file.  Help!

21 hours ago, lynnr said:

I followed all the steps.  The android guy did not appear.  I see a split green screen and nothing else. It does not appear to be reading the USB (the lights on it would be flashing). I formatted it to FAT32 before extracting the zip file.  Help!

You must use an SD card for the 5.1 upgrade or the 4.4 upgrade I posted.

Thanks.   I had to buy an SD card and reader.   Happy to report that the install of 4.4 worked.  Having a little trouble with loading some repositories so I'm going to take a leap and try doing the 5.1 upgrade.  Crossing my fingers.

Although the 5.1 upgrade sort of worked...It is very unstable with flashing screens and a pink stringy background when in 'settings' mode.  I'm going back to 4.4 for now on that box. 

It's really a puzzle because my other ATV1800E updated after a few difficulties however it is stable. 

On 6/3/2017 at 8:26 PM, lynnr said:

Although the 5.1 upgrade sort of worked...It is very unstable with flashing screens and a pink stringy background when in 'settings' mode.  I'm going back to 4.4 for now on that box. 

It's really a puzzle because my other ATV1800E updated after a few difficulties however it is stable. 

You are welcome to try what I just posted today

The install went very well from an SD card. I also applied the patch.  Mygica is working however there are glitches .

The remote back button does not work.  I don't know if this is a Kodi  problem or a Lollipop issue.   Any suggestions?

thanks for the work you've done on this.

LynnR