Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamesATV1900PRO

Wireless issue? Request for possible firmware update?

On 5 GHz this box can use both antennas and go dual channel. However on 2.4 GHz it will only do single channel aka 20mhz which means 1 antenna and 150 speed, 144 specifically. Other devices I own allow dual channel on 2.4ghz resulting in 300 speed. The box this replaced used to do this. My 5ghz is weak where I use this but 2.4 is strong and would benefit alot of this was enabled.

Please consider this for the next firmware update.

Thank you

15 hours ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

On 5 GHz this box can use both antennas and go dual channel. However on 2.4 GHz it will only do single channel aka 20mhz which means 1 antenna and 150 speed, 144 specifically. Other devices I own allow dual channel on 2.4ghz resulting in 300 speed. The box this replaced used to do this. My 5ghz is weak where I use this but 2.4 is strong and would benefit alot of this was enabled.

Please consider this for the next firmware update.

Thank you

Thanks for the suggestion

I will see if this is possible.
If so, we will add it to our next firmware update.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Thanks for the suggestion

I will see if this is possible.
If so, we will add it to our next firmware update.

Thanks. I also have noticed every so often when I turn the 1900 pro on I have to re enable wifi its turned off. Is this normal?

19 hours ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

Thanks. I also have noticed every so often when I turn the 1900 pro on I have to re enable wifi its turned off. Is this normal?

No this is not normal

Wifi takes about 10 to 20 seconds to connect when coming out of standby. 

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

No this is not normal

Wifi takes about 10 to 20 seconds to connect when coming out of standby. 

So I noticed in 2.4ghz and 5.0 ghz wireless I connect but single band not dual band. is this normal for this device? Can you check one of yours Justin please?

My other devices all connect dual band even my android smart phones. Im just making sure my box isnt defective

10 minutes ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

So I noticed in 2.4ghz and 5.0 ghz wireless I connect but single band not dual band. is this normal for this device? Can you check one of yours Justin please?

My other devices all connect dual band even my android smart phones. Im just making sure my box isnt defective

We have 3 different Dual Band SSIDs in our office. And all 3 work fine on the 1900 PRO

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

We have 3 different Dual Band SSIDs in our office. And all 3 work fine on the 1900 PRO

wait so it shows you as connecting in true dual band?

like even wifi analizer shows each SSID as single channel for example my SSID is on channels 1+5 and wifi analizer app on my other devices shows this but on my 1900 pro is shows as just channel 1.

Please confirm back.

And thanks

Just now, JamesATV1900PRO said:

like even wifi analizer shows each SSID as single channel for example my SSID is on channels 1+5 and wifi analizer app on my other devices shows this but on my 1900 pro is shows as just channel 1.

Please confirm back.

And thanks

I can confirm this works because i use it at home as well on dual band. 

2.4ghz single band wifi speeds top out at about 100mbps

I have 200mbps download speeds at home and i get about 185mbps on Dual Band when using speed test. 

Same with James, he gets 500mbps download at home and gets just under this on speed tests when using dual band. 

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I can confirm this works because i use it at home as well on dual band. 

2.4ghz single band wifi speeds top out at about 100mbps

I have 200mbps download speeds at home and i get about 185mbps on Dual Band when using speed test. 

Same with James, he gets 500mbps download at home and gets just under this on speed tests when using dual band. 

So the apps display a dual connection though? and the box on 2.4 ghz connects at 300 link speed not 144?

Please verify that specifically if you can. Cause if thats the case I have a bad unit

Like launch the WIFI ANA app you include and see if it lists the SSIDs as single or dual channel

8 minutes ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

Please confirm back.

And thanks

Also a 5ghz SSID only broadcasts in Dual Band

If it was using single band in the way you are describing it, then single band only devices would be able to connect to this SSID also. 

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

Also a 5ghz SSID only broadcasts in Dual Band

If it was using single band in the way you are describing it, then single band only devices would be able to connect to this SSID also. 

So maybe the app reports wrong? Its the app that come pre installed on the box. do 2 tests for me please.

connect as 2.4 ghz and under more setting wireless click the wifi then click the connection and tell me if link speed reports 144 or 300 ok

and run wifi analyzer app and tell me if it reports both channels or 1 channel.

like for me my other devices will show my ssid as example channel 1+5 but my 1900 pro shows as just 1.

even on the 5 ghz same results.

if this is how the box is im fine. but if mine is defective i want to know now while i can still get it swapped for a brand ew unit just like it

thanks

James

On 6/2/2017 at 0:25 AM, JamesATV1900PRO said:

Did you get a chance to verify this?

The moderator "mygicasupport" is looking into this

they will respond soon