Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ibutikol

Should I Upgrade to 4.2 ???

Hello,

I'm new to this forum - just registered a few minutes ago - so pardon me if I may not be following protocol with my inquiry below. And if I am, please do let me know and point me to the right direction.

I've had my ATV1200 for months now and use it primarily for video/live-tv streaming. It has been working flawlessly since I got it until last week when some of the streaming apps/links stopped working. Searching the internet for a fix, I came to know that there already is a 4.2 release (I have a 4.1). This has me thinking that maybe this could be the cause. Now, I am by no means an expert (won't even consider myself a novice at these things) so I can easily be wrong. But if I choose to go with the upgrade, is there anything I need to know or prepare for (I will be following the video: ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 1200 and 400) so my device won't become just another door stopper?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

-ibutikol

Hello,

I'm new to this forum - just registered a few minutes ago - so pardon me if I may not be following protocol with my inquiry below. And if I am, please do let me know and point me to the right direction.

I've had my ATV1200 for months now and use it primarily for video/live-tv streaming. It has been working flawlessly since I got it until last week when some of the streaming apps/links stopped working. Searching the internet for a fix, I came to know that there already is a 4.2 release (I have a 4.1). This has me thinking that maybe this could be the cause. Now, I am by no means an expert (won't even consider myself a novice at these things) so I can easily be wrong. But if I choose to go with the upgrade, is there anything I need to know or prepare for (I will be following the video: ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 1200 and 400) so my device won't become just another door stopper?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

-ibutikol

Here are the things you should keep in mind before doing the upgrade

1. Make sure you use an SD CARD only, and make sure it is formatted to FAT 32

2. Make sure all files are extracted from the zip file and put onto the Root of the SD card

3. Make sure your SD Card has no other files on it besides the one meant for the upgrade to 4.2

4. If you are using Component video currently, then I would not suggest this update at all, as component video no longer works on 4.2

5. Make sure your unit is still under the 1 year warranty from Mygica, just in case you brick your unit.

6. Also make sure you bought the unit from a reseller who is close to you, so warranty replacement can be quick just in case. Otherwise sending to china can take up to 2 months for replacement.