Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tinman0363

VPN

VPN

I installed HideMe VPN on the box and it runs and connects without a problem. The problem is if I go to Kodi or any other app and then go back to look at HideMe, it's disconnected. I also found the VPN settings in the myGica Ethernet settings. No idea what to do there. Ultimately, I want to run a VPN and need explicit instructions on how to do it 

Hi Tinman,

Each VPN operates differently and they may not have a huge R&D department to make sure their platform works on most devices. I have used about a dozen different VPNs that are very reliable on our boxes and do not have the issues you mentioned ie: GoldenFrog and Private Internet Access. 

You mentioned you found the VPN settings in android, this will work. What you will need to do though is find the PPTP settings on your VPN's website (listed below for your convenience) and navigate to those VPN settings and enter the provided information. The only difference you should notice of their instructions and what you need to do, is getting to the VPN settings, then the rest should be the same.

https://hide.me/en/vpnsetup/android/pptp/ 

Let me know if this solves your problem. If it doesn't I would suggest maybe picking one of the VPN's I have mentioned above. (no we do not have any affiliation with either of them, I just use them personally)