Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shayne

Solid Green status

Solid Green status

I tried to reset my 1800E to factory but lost power at home while doing this and now all I get a solid green light for status and even if I hold the button on the back for 30+ seconds the solid green status never changes. If I hold the power button on the front for approximately 10 seconds the green status goes off but I have to unplug and leave power off for 30 seconds otherwise the status light never comes back.

If I hook up a lan cable I do see the net status flashing. If I put an USB in the side the stick flashes showing there is power to the USB.

Have an SD card with the factory files (that I downloaded from this site), have used this card to update my other 2 mygica ATV1800E, so I know is good. As per the instruction I have run the uboot_MX see attached

Is it possible to do the file install from USB and SD?

Hoping it is not bricked...

Any suggestions would be of great.

Thank you

scren print.jpg

Green light and no picture on TV means bricked unit, you can try this but it is not 100% working all the time. 

download 4.4 files for ATV1800E  from here 

After Download move it to desktop and unzip them, 

Capture1.PNG.9e3740f916d6a229174f64c20f70f57f.PNG

You Need to only process this via SD card and not USB

Format your SD card to FAT32

Load all files to root of SD card 

Double click on DD.exe

and press Enter to exit

now your SD card is bootable, 

using a pin manually place under recovery screen. 

if all good you will see your box after 2 minutes loading all things back to 4.4

then upgrade to 5.1,

(( Remember this is not 100% )) at least you can try I have seen success for few people out of this steps. 

i have the same issue on 2 boxes here.  I tried what you listed and still nothing.  Doesn't go into recovery mode....any other ideas?

On 7/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, nominds said:

i have the same issue on 2 boxes here.  I tried what you listed and still nothing.  Doesn't go into recovery mode....any other ideas?

The steps don't require to go into recovery mode.

Make sure to follow all of the steps in the video listed where you download the file link below

We have used these files and steps to revive tons of boxes with the same issue you are having, but as mentioned before it does not work 100% of the time.

19 hours ago, Bodan98 said:

I was able to revive my 1800e by watching this video and making a bootable SD card with bootcardmake

Thanks for sharing

Did this work for you after?

2 hours ago, nominds said:

Worked for me 100%  your amazing. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Great to hear.

Yes, once I unbricked my 1800e, I have been able to do a 4.4 factory reset with limited success. I am powering up the box and it is stucked at the Android 4.4 KitKat logo 90% of the time (after waiting 5 mins, I power down/up again). I tried with "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img" and "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img", same results. Not sure what to do next...

I am glad that I helped you Nominds!