Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamesATV1900PRO

1900 pro 1.30 firmware observations.

So my current 1900 Pro works perfectly under firmware 1.30.

However I noticed two odd things.

First there is the mygica logo on the front of these boxes which I believe is supposed to be light up. It's off. 

And second if you activate location services on the main menu behind the time it will show a weather image which is blocked by the time.  A friend picked up a 495 pro based on my liking the 1900 pro and he haaas the exact same issue with the weather. Simple fix is to disable location services. However it would be nice if this was fixable.

Not complaints just observations. I like my 1900 pro alot. I myself will probably get a second unless I get a 495 pro as my second seeing as I don't need the HDD bay and I have ethernet where I want the second one. The only reason I got the 1900 was the wifi anrennas which seem to do a great job.

21 hours ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

So my current 1900 Pro works perfectly under firmware 1.30.

However I noticed two odd things.

First there is the mygica logo on the front of these boxes which I believe is supposed to be light up. It's off. 

And second if you activate location services on the main menu behind the time it will show a weather image which is blocked by the time.  A friend picked up a 495 pro based on my liking the 1900 pro and he haaas the exact same issue with the weather. Simple fix is to disable location services. However it would be nice if this was fixable.

Not complaints just observations. I like my 1900 pro alot. I myself will probably get a second unless I get a 495 pro as my second seeing as I don't need the HDD bay and I have ethernet where I want the second one. The only reason I got the 1900 was the wifi anrennas which seem to do a great job.

Thanks for the feedback

I will have to look into this weather icon issue.
This would explain why another user was having this issue, but did not explain how they were able to get the icon to appear, as they said they only received the box like this.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Thanks for the feedback

I will have to look into this weather icon issue.
This would explain why another user was having this issue, but did not explain how they were able to get the icon to appear, as they said they only received the box like this.

enabling location service gets it to come, disabling location service and reboot gets rid of it, not a big deal just observation.

I really like this box. alot

I added a second 1900Pro to my home inventory this weekend and started out the process of getting it set up. One of the first things I noticed was that the "about" screen reports seems off.

Device name reads as MyGica Quad core Enjoy tv box. (Not ATV495Pro or 1900Pro)

Model name reads MyGica Quad core Enjoy tv box.

Kernel version:ljw@ubi124 #2

Mon Jul 25 09:45:29 HXT 2016 (Or close, it's a bit blurry to my aging eyes.)

Did a full erase restore back to factory, set up WiFi and updated to "MyGicaS905V1.30"

My other 1900Pro Reads as ATV495 Pro. Has there been a change that I missed, or is this box bad?

22 hours ago, Splashdown said:

I added a second 1900Pro to my home inventory this weekend and started out the process of getting it set up. One of the first things I noticed was that the "about" screen reports seems off.

Did a full erase restore back to factory, set up WiFi and updated to "MyGicaS905V1.30"

My other 1900Pro Reads as ATV495 Pro. Has there been a change that I missed, or is this box bad?

Mine reads like your new one. They had revised the box name on 1.30 at some point. Both boxes are good and the same other than name. If a newer firmware than 1.30 comes out at that point updating will name both boxes the same.

23 hours ago, Splashdown said:

We changed the name in our latest version of V1.3 since the 1900 PRO and 495 PRO share the same Firmware.

8 hours ago, Splashdown said:

Thanks...It just seems so generic for the top of the line! Do love my 1900Pros though!

Yes the 1900pro is a nice box.

I have played with alot of boxes similar specs and even higher specs but this one seems to run best. It's my favorite out of the bunch I have been exposed to.