Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightning_za

Unresponsive after OTA update

Unresponsive after OTA update

After the initial setup of a new ATV 495 Pro, the device automatically downloaded and installed an OTA update. It rebooted, applied the update then launched into the initial configuration sequence. This completed and the interface was up and running. I went away for a few hours and on return, the power light is red and there is not output to the TV/monitor. I have tried numerous things including reconnecting the power, reconnecting the power after various time delays, reconnecting with USB for remote disconnected. I then decided to attempt a full reset. I set up an SD card as per the instructions, but cannot get the device to boot into recovery. Since there is no reset button, I understand it is a case of holding the power button down when connecting power. I have tried this, holding the power button down for numerous variations of time. Nothing will happen. The power light is permanently red. This is very disappointing and frustrating. I hope it hasn't bricked itself.

I would appreciate some assistance if anyone has some suggestions.

Thank you.

it seems, the unit is bricked and would not get fixed. if you can't just press the power button one tim to turn it on. 

in that case, if your unit is under 14 days exchange with your seller to another brand new one. if it is over 14days then your warranty kicks in and create your RAM request fourm. through Http://help.mygica.tv  

Remember that they will ask for few things. 

- Full name

- Correct Email address
- the mailing address for shipping

- Serial number of the unit ( at the bottom of the unit )

- Proof of purchase. 

7 hours ago, androidlover said:

it seems, the unit is bricked and would not get fixed. if you can't just press the power button one tim to turn it on. 

in that case, if your unit is under 14 days exchange with your seller to another brand new one. if it is over 14days then your warranty kicks in and create your RAM request fourm. through Http://help.mygica.tv  

Remember that they will ask for few things. 

- Full name

- Correct Email address
- the mailing address for shipping

- Serial number of the unit ( at the bottom of the unit )

- Proof of purchase. 

Thanks for your response androidlover. I will be returning the device.