Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lmit

Needed root patch for latest firmware update to install Samba

I bought MyGica ATV1900Pro 2 days ago.

I installed a SATA 1Tb drive with all my movies.
I want to watch movies from MyGica, but update and add new movies using Samba share.

I cannot install Samba App without a Rooted MyGica.
I installed the latest published Image "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img"
Then I installed the root patch "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_root_5.1_patch.img"

After "SuperSU" and "Root checker" tell me the MyGica is still NOT root.
Additionally, the screen keeps changing to PORTRAIT mode when I run SuperSU and Samba Apps.

Can I get

(1) Rooter version of the image "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img" so I can configure my Hosts file and install SAMBA.
OR
(2) UnRooted image with a approved Samba Server App pre-installed?

Much thanks for your time

On 2017-6-13 at 8:39 AM, lmit said:

I bought MyGica ATV1900Pro 2 days ago.

I installed a SATA 1Tb drive with all my movies.
I want to watch movies from MyGica, but update and add new movies using Samba share.

I cannot install Samba App without a Rooted MyGica.
I installed the latest published Image "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img"
Then I installed the root patch "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_root_5.1_patch.img"

After "SuperSU" and "Root checker" tell me the MyGica is still NOT root.
Additionally, the screen keeps changing to PORTRAIT mode when I run SuperSU and Samba Apps.

Can I get

(1) Rooter version of the image "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img" so I can configure my Hosts file and install SAMBA.
OR
(2) UnRooted image with a approved Samba Server App pre-installed?

Much thanks for your time

Did you get yours rooted yet?

How? No response from support, so I have no rooted image from support to try :-( Or better yet no unrooted image (since lots of apps will not work as root) with samba server pre-installed

8 hours ago, lmit said:

How? No response from support, so I have no rooted image from support to try :-( Or better yet no unrooted image (since lots of apps will not work as root) with samba server pre-installed

Are you sure their patch file on the download page doesnt work?

Did it appear to successfully flash when you tried?

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply.

Which downloads page?
"Home > MyGica Enjoy TV Box > MyGica ATV 1900PRO Quad Core Smart TV Box > Downloads " is empty.
Is there another downloads folder for 1900Pro?

I did find this patch file "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_root_5.1_patch.img"....
But it does not work! Even after applying it on the build(s) that:
(1) came with my purchase
(2) I then tried from this image I downloaded "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img"
(3) "MyGicaS905V1.30" that came after I factory reset the box using settings menu item

I can verify it does not work because after each patch attempt,
I install and run "SuperSU" and "Root checker", which tells me that boot is not rooted.

The only thing the patch does give me is a SCREEN ROTATION to PORTRAIT every time I run a root-checking APP
So I have been trying with no joy :-(

So currently this box is not useful to how I manage, store and watch movies.
I travel, so I wanted to download and take my MKVs with me and not depend on Internet to watch my TV shows and Movies.
Its the reason I bought the box. If I don't find a solution soon. I may just return the box

1 hour ago, lmit said:

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply.

Which downloads page?
"Home > MyGica Enjoy TV Box > MyGica ATV 1900PRO Quad Core Smart TV Box > Downloads " is empty.
Is there another downloads folder for 1900Pro?

I did find this patch file "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_root_5.1_patch.img"....
But it does not work! Even after applying it on the build(s) that:
(1) came with my purchase
(2) I then tried from this image I downloaded "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img"
(3) "MyGicaS905V1.30" that came after I factory reset the box using settings menu item

I can verify it does not work because after each patch attempt,
I install and run "SuperSU" and "Root checker", which tells me that boot is not rooted.

The only thing the patch does give me is a SCREEN ROTATION to PORTRAIT every time I run a root-checking APP
So I have been trying with no joy :-(

So currently this box is not useful to how I manage, store and watch movies.
I travel, so I wanted to download and take my MKVs with me and not depend on Internet to watch my TV shows and Movies.
Its the reason I bought the box. If I don't find a solution soon. I may just return the box

The issue is we need a new root patch after every update.

I will have to get this for you and I will put it on here for download + our downloads section.

Thanks James, that would be great.

Two Questions
(1) Currently my build is "MyGicaS905V1.30" after I factory reset. Is this the latest update?
Or is the latest update released "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_1900_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324.img" from the  "Home > Downloads > ATV 1900PRO > ATV 1900PRO 1900 PRO JAN 30 2017"?
Which image should I apply the patch too (that you are going to publish)? Wanna make sure I do the right steps that you have verified to make it work

(2) After I have Installed Samba Server into my rooted Box, CAN I UNRROT??
so that Apps like Netflix and others will run / update without errors, and still keep the changes I made while rooted?

Tried it. The APK failed after running it about 15 times.

They suggest that Windows version has a higher success rate, but I can't figure out how to mount the MyGica unto my Laptop via USB cable.

I bought a USB cable today to link the two up, but they are both acting as HOSTS, so I am not sure its that possible?

The issue with Root is that we need a Root patch to go along with every new FW update we release

I will see if we can just support a Rooted Firmware on its own instead along with OTA updates to follow it.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

The issue with Root is that we need a Root patch to go along with every new FW update we release

I will see if we can just support a Rooted Firmware on its own instead along with OTA updates to follow it.

Im interested in this too.

Morning Justin, any word on that root patch?

I need to make a decision soon on whether I am keeping the ATV1900 before I can't return it store

47 minutes ago, lmit said:

Morning Justin, any word on that root patch?

I need to make a decision soon on whether I am keeping the ATV1900 before I can't return it store

Im curious too as I need root access now. However I also want to be able to get future Updates.

Support (Justin), Can we have some support please. An idea of when you can get us that root update image? Is your development team working on creating an image? whats going on!

5 hours ago, lmit said:

Support (Justin), Can we have some support please. An idea of when you can get us that root update image? Is your development team working on creating an image? whats going on!

I don't think this is going to happen.

Ok so I got more info on this

We can only offer a root patch for each new firmware we release.

I will post up the root patch for V1.3 FW later this week in the downloads section.

33 minutes ago, Justin said:

Ok so I got more info on this

We can only offer a root patch for each new firmware we release.

I will post up the root patch for V1.3 FW later this week in the downloads section.

What about a unroot patch?

Cause I imagine if I root and there is a firmware update I will need to unroot to update right?