Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drd

KODI 17.3 stuttering

KODI 17.3 stuttering

Wow! I just might be the only person on the planet who currently owns  one of these models.  I'm never first at anything usually. :-)

I am new to Android boxes in general having migrated from a WD TV Live Plus which I've use for many years.  When I first bought the ATV 329X  I immediately upgraded KODI to 17.3 from the 17.1 version that came pre-installed.  I can't offer a comparison between the two because I've never tried 17.1, but I notice a stutter on all videos I attempt to play either streamed from an online source or from my network shares.  I haven't yet tried from internal or external storage.  

A visit to a KODI support site suggests in several ways that such problems are usually with firmware and that it is best to contact the support site of the manufacturer, so here I am.  I realize this is a new product and I will be patient, but thought I'd bring it to someone's attention in case there is a solution, workaround or knowledge of an update waiting in the wings.  

Thanks!

On 6/13/2017 at 8:21 PM, drd said:

KODI 17.3 stuttering

Wow! I just might be the only person on the planet who currently owns  one of these models.  I'm never first at anything usually. :-)

I am new to Android boxes in general having migrated from a WD TV Live Plus which I've use for many years.  When I first bought the ATV 329X  I immediately upgraded KODI to 17.3 from the 17.1 version that came pre-installed.  I can't offer a comparison between the two because I've never tried 17.1, but I notice a stutter on all videos I attempt to play either streamed from an online source or from my network shares.  I haven't yet tried from internal or external storage.  

A visit to a KODI support site suggests in several ways that such problems are usually with firmware and that it is best to contact the support site of the manufacturer, so here I am.  I realize this is a new product and I will be patient, but thought I'd bring it to someone's attention in case there is a solution, workaround or knowledge of an update waiting in the wings.  

Thanks!

We will be sending out a new Firmware early next week to fix this.
You should receive a pop up on your box while using it about the firmware update.

I also purchased this atv 329x and i had return the first one thinking it might be a glitch in the hardware , and the second one is doing the same i have 14 days before returning do you think the new firmare will fix the problem and it will come out with the week you specified or should i just return this one also and get a refund

6 hours ago, slimjr said:

I also purchased this atv 329x and i had return the first one thinking it might be a glitch in the hardware , and the second one is doing the same i have 14 days before returning do you think the new firmare will fix the problem and it will come out with the week you specified or should i just return this one also and get a refund

It will fix the issue

And should be available by Friday.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:20 PM, jrstewart73 said:

has this firmware update been released???

Would you want to install it manually for now?

On 8/8/2017 at 8:31 PM, Tom2112 said:

Applied the update, still stuttering, jittery playback. Did it work for any of the rest of you with this issue on the 329x?

It has been reported working by other users on other threads within our forum.

If you want, you can try a factory reset to see if that helps

Please note it will delete everything you have installed onto your box

On 8/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, Justin said:

It has been reported working by other users on other threads within our forum.

If you want, you can try a factory reset to see if that helps

Please note it will delete everything you have installed onto your box

No thanks. I've installed SPMC and it is working without any stuttering.

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

No thanks. I've installed SPMC and it is working without any stuttering.

Ok

SPMC is a very good fork of Kodi for Android.  It is created by the original Android developer from Team Kodi, so good to know it is working better for you now.

We will have to look more into this Kodi issue still though

I just bought this box and am having the same stuttering issue as described above. I have tried the firmware linked above and have even factory reset it twice but the issue remains. Any other suggestions? 

The most recent and stable version of Kodi is 17.4 which might be the fix for your problem.  I would try uninstalling 17,3 version first and then install Kodi 17.4

I'm having the stuttering issue as well, using kodi 17.6 and also another on demand streaming app from my cable company. Both have stuttering issues.

I  am using an older android box on another tv and I'm not having these issues.   I tried searching the forum for users that reported it working  but I haven't been able to find any. 

I'm starting to thing I should return this box and go to a different vendor. 

Each new Kodi version brings problems on lots of Android boxes and various Kodi settings have to be adjusted.  Google "kodi stuttering android" for lots of info and possible fixes.

If you do not want to spend the time and effort, just return the box and don't think about it any more.

If it was only kodi stuttering I'd look into it more, but it's not.  This was more of an impulse buy. That's where I went wrong.  Had I looked into it first I would have seen YouTube reviews showing the stuttering.  

I haven't visited this thread for awhile, but Tom 2112 hit it on the head:  I am using the current version  SPMC and have used it for the past several months and it has always worked great.  I stopped worrying about everything else after that, as SPMC seems to have all the same functionality and compatibility, and that's the point. :-)