Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
matburzy

ATV585 bricked - help

Recommended Posts

ATV585 bricked - help

Hello,

I have a serious problem with ATV585. Because it's sitting on KitKat 4.4 for years and I couldn't install Kodi 17 Krypton on the device (I tried MyGica Media Center and different Kodi forks - they worked but the video was like 10-15 frames per second). Those suckers at Kodi have pretty much made previous versions before 17 unusable at the moment, because of the HTTPS thing.

Anyway, I installed some LibreElec distribution that was supposed to work on ATV582/585. The installation went fine, but the device would not reboot - it stays on green solid light all the time - the remote doesn't work, and I cannot get into recovery mode no matter how much I tried, and that included:

- putting different ATV585-Factory-Reset zips, starting from official on microSD - holding the toothpick on the UPGRADE button BEFORE and AFTER connecting power - for various periods of time starting from couple seconds to couple minutes (5 minutes at tops till my finger hurt),

- formatting microSD card with various bootcard makers - amlogic (english one) and chinese one - to no avail,

- holding the toothpick for extended periods of time,

- holding the toothpick, resetting, plugging and unplugging HDMI cable and fiddling with remote

Literally, I tried everything. It's just that stupid solid green light. And keep in mind that OpenElec  / LibreElec is making the lights on ATV585 go backwards - so it probably means my ATV is really flashing a RED light all the time - and stuck on LibreElec.

 

What is important - there is NO picture at all - no SIGNAL coming to the TV. There is no black screen - just "no signal" on my TV. Checked different HDMI cables and even different TVs and I even checked CVBS.

 

It looks like brick, but maybe some pins can be shorted like in ATV1200? There is no "U13" pins on the board, I unscrewed the board and checked with flashlight.

Please help.

Edited by matburzy
Accidentally send before completing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for double posting, but anyone can help me? I really feel like this device is getting abandoned. Maybe I just need to do something to reset the device altogether (like shorting some pins or anything at all). If you won't help me, I will be forced to return the device to the shop - and I will never buy any MyGica product again, because the support is really slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2017 at 10:44 AM, matburzy said:

Sorry for double posting, but anyone can help me? I really feel like this device is getting abandoned. Maybe I just need to do something to reset the device altogether (like shorting some pins or anything at all). If you won't help me, I will be forced to return the device to the shop - and I will never buy any MyGica product again, because the support is really slow.

The boot card files are some of the only files that would fix something like this.
If these dont work, then please keep reading.

We don't have any pin shorts for the 585 like the 1200.

 

You could also try a USB to Serial Cable with the Amlogic USB burning tool, if you happen to have one of these cables.
There is a plug for it on the main board for this type of cable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exact same thing just happened to me. I tried upgrading the firmware and the wifi stopped working. So i factory reset and the wifi still didnt work. So i decided to try the openElec version and the device was bricked. Can you elaborate more on this usb to serial option? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dan420 said:

Exact same thing just happened to me. I tried upgrading the firmware and the wifi stopped working. So i factory reset and the wifi still didnt work. So i decided to try the openElec version and the device was bricked. Can you elaborate more on this usb to serial option? 

 

This is a very advanced method, plus you need the actual cable to do it.

Have you tried the bootcard/factory restore files to revive your bricked box instead?
As these will normally unbrick the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to factory reset it the first time using the files, however this resulted in the Wifi not working. After the device was bricked this method no longer worked. Simply nothing would be displayed on the screen. I am willing to purchase the cable, the unit is brand new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2017 at 9:17 PM, dan420 said:

I was able to factory reset it the first time using the files, however this resulted in the Wifi not working. After the device was bricked this method no longer worked. Simply nothing would be displayed on the screen. I am willing to purchase the cable, the unit is brand new.

If the unit is brand new, then it would be covered under warranty.

You can submit it for warranty here

http://mygica.tv/help

We will replace the unit if it is still under warranty.

 

We don't have any of the usb to serial cables for sale, so we wouldn't be able to sell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's  best to replace the unit altogether, I just received a new one from shop. They weren't able to repair it either so sadly the new one is the surest way to go. I will test Android 5 beta today and maybe give some feedback. Thank you for assistance :-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, matburzy said:

It's  best to replace the unit altogether, I just received a new one from shop. They weren't able to repair it either so sadly the new one is the surest way to go. I will test Android 5 beta today and maybe give some feedback. Thank you for assistance :-).

Ok no problem.

Let us know your feedback or need help with anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

07/27/2017

I have had this problem for years now.  First started months ago when trying to update KitKat. Unit will load then re-boot before Mygica Home Page and just keeps re-booting over and over.  I just did a factory reset (again) and tried to loaded ATV 585 firmware for 5.1.1 (update_Mygica_ATV585_5.1_20170612.img).

 

Same results.  Lollipop to Mygica "seeing is believing" then it reboots over & over.

 

Any ideas????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 8:15 PM, yahoo4u said:

07/27/2017

I have had this problem for years now.  First started months ago when trying to update KitKat. Unit will load then re-boot before Mygica Home Page and just keeps re-booting over and over.  I just did a factory reset (again) and tried to loaded ATV 585 firmware for 5.1.1 (update_Mygica_ATV585_5.1_20170612.img).

 

Same results.  Lollipop to Mygica "seeing is believing" then it reboots over & over.

 

Any ideas????

Have you tried using different USB drives or SD cards when trying to install the Firmware?

Are they all formatted to FAT 32?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Justin,

Please can you provide me more information regarding the serial recovery of the 585 unit. I have also managed to brick my unit and it's more than a year old, so would really like to recover it. I have tried the factory recovery image, but when pressing the reset button underneath the unit the LEDs do not even flash after holding the button in for more than 15 seconds, the green power light just remains lit. I have a USB -> Serial TTL (Nokia CA-42) cable I made for a HDD recovery ages ago. Would this cable work? If so what is the process to recover via the Serial plug on the main board?

Kind Regards,
Gavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 3:08 PM, GavinFietze said:

Hi Justin,

Please can you provide me more information regarding the serial recovery of the 585 unit. I have also managed to brick my unit and it's more than a year old, so would really like to recover it. I have tried the factory recovery image, but when pressing the reset button underneath the unit the LEDs do not even flash after holding the button in for more than 15 seconds, the green power light just remains lit. I have a USB -> Serial TTL (Nokia CA-42) cable I made for a HDD recovery ages ago. Would this cable work? If so what is the process to recover via the Serial plug on the main board?

Kind Regards,
Gavin

Can you please submit a ticket for this on our RMA System
http://mygica.tv/help

Put Attention James
He will be able to assist with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...