Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momavidad

1900ac usb ports stopped working

Hello, all of a sudden none of the USB ports work on my box.  I searched for help on the site & tried doing the RC pairing but nothing changed.  The keyboard no longer works as well.  It doesn't matter which port I use, the RC and keyboard won't work.  Please advise, I am not sure what to do and we haven't been able to watch it for 2 days...My young daughter is not happy either.  We love our box & hope to be watching it again real soon ! Thank you kindly 🙂

On 6/20/2017 at 7:39 PM, momavidad said:

Hello, all of a sudden none of the USB ports work on my box.  I searched for help on the site & tried doing the RC pairing but nothing changed.  The keyboard no longer works as well.  It doesn't matter which port I use, the RC and keyboard won't work.  Please advise, I am not sure what to do and we haven't been able to watch it for 2 days...My young daughter is not happy either.  We love our box & hope to be watching it again real soon ! Thank you kindly 🙂

You will have to submit your unit for warranty

Please go to http://mygica.tv/help to start an RMA ticket.

Hi there,

I have a mygica1900ac but all of a sudden the usb ports stopped working. No matter which mouse, keyboard or port i try nothing works! I even tried doing a full factory reset and now im at the welcome screen but cant click next. Is there a way to fix this or this going to be my last mygica box since the 582 is completly updated and modern apps dont even install or function on that anymore either. Sad part is i paid around 200 dollars for this box around a year snd a half ago whereas my brother got some android box for 60 somewhrre thst is mot mygica and he has no issues ever!

21 hours ago, Essentialz said:

Hi there,

I have a mygica1900ac but all of a sudden the usb ports stopped working. No matter which mouse, keyboard or port i try nothing works! I even tried doing a full factory reset and now im at the welcome screen but cant click next. Is there a way to fix this or this going to be my last mygica box since the 582 is completly updated and modern apps dont even install or function on that anymore either. Sad part is i paid around 200 dollars for this box around a year snd a half ago whereas my brother got some android box for 60 somewhrre thst is mot mygica and he has no issues ever!

HI there Essentials. I am sorry you are having this issue. We cannot predict issues that may happen down the road with hardware, which is why we try to cover things as best we can with a warranty. It is frustrating to see a cheap knockoff box without warranty, for less cost, working while another device isn't, that cost more money. 

Please note that while an aging device can run forever, or sometimes have hardware issues, the benefit of not buying the cheaper box is largely based off of a few main points;

-No name android boxes don't have warranties.

-No name boxes also almost never come with electrical power supplies that are certified to be covered by your insurance company in the event of a fire. That is simply a gamble I will never be willing to take in order to save a bit of money.

-We provide forums, support agents over phone, live chat email etc. in order to try to be the best that we can. 

-Updates: We provide updates for as long as we can after the units come out onto shelves. We even created a fork of KODI 17 so that loyal users of older devices like the 582 or any android system running 4.4 really, wouldn't be left in the dark, less than 24 months after purchasing the device. 

You mention that you bought this device a year and a half ago, but we stopped selling these over 2 years ago. Where did you buy one from? We are usually able to support a device, outside of warranty, for years after a product has stopped being sold. In this case, we stopped being able to service this device about 5 months ago.

For a workaround solution, please consider using a mygica ir remote (kr-60) so that you can use the infrared sensor in the device for navigation. This will also allow you to install apps like "CetusPlay" to use your mobile devices as full keyboard air remotes for your system.

I bought it from canada computers unless they sold me a fake. Tbh i dont think too many people or anyone would make a fake mygica but thats my opinion. Either way, it coukdve been 2 years ago not exactly sure.

But i opened up the box and on the chips next to the usb there was some nasty buildup or leak which i scraped and cleaned with nail polish remover then went over with rubbing alcohol and now two of the ports work again. The ones closer to the sd slot.

Also on the chip for the antennas there is same type of glob and on the side of the antenna board piece it looks like it was burning. I am not sure if that might be since we kept our box on running most of the time since you can't power only standyby unless you unplug it.

I appreciate your support and forums but this is my second mygica box like the first one 582 or whatever is rendered useless now cuz you cant update past 4.4 i think and most new apps dont work on it and now this problem with my 1900. Ill ride this one out until it goes now but i am not sure if i will be going with a mygica again.  I am trying to upload a pic to show you thru my s8 but it keeps saying upload failed. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Essentialz said:

I bought it from canada computers unless they sold me a fake. Tbh i dont think too many people or anyone would make a fake mygica but thats my opinion. Either way, it coukdve been 2 years ago not exactly sure.

But i opened up the box and on the chips next to the usb there was some nasty buildup or leak which i scraped and cleaned with nail polish remover then went over with rubbing alcohol and now two of the ports work again. The ones closer to the sd slot.

Also on the chip for the antennas there is same type of glob and on the side of the antenna board piece it looks like it was burning. I am not sure if that might be since we kept our box on running most of the time since you can't power only standyby unless you unplug it.

I appreciate your support and forums but this is my second mygica box like the first one 582 or whatever is rendered useless now cuz you cant update past 4.4 i think and most new apps dont work on it and now this problem with my 1900. Ill ride this one out until it goes now but i am not sure if i will be going with a mygica again.  I am trying to upload a pic to show you thru my s8 but it keeps saying upload failed. 

Hello All

My MYGICA ATV1900 AC USB port is not working, I read the articale before and I use bamboo toothpick and wood chopstick to clean the the glue beside USB ports and now all 4 USB ports start working now

I do not know why they put the glue beside USB ports and maybe they want to fail after 2 years and people cannot use it and buy the new ond

Solution:  Clean up all the glue beside the USB ports abd around the chips and clean up with rubbing alcohol and dry before power up

slam

Hello All

My MYGICA ATV1900 AC USB port is not working, I read the articale before and I use bamboo toothpick and wood chopstick to clean the the glue beside USB ports and now all 4 USB ports start working now

I do not know why they put the glue beside USB ports and maybe they want to fail after 2 years and people cannot use it and buy the new ond

Solution:  Clean up all the glue beside the USB ports abd around the chips and clean up with rubbing alcohol and dry before power up

slam

My USB ports (4) failed yesterday as well on my ATV1900AC.  I thought perhaps firmware got corrupt so I re-loaded firmware but ports still did not work.  I opened up the box to also discover an amount of black hard goop on the 2 chips closest to the 2 USB stacks.  I attempted to clean with rubbing alcohol but didn't soften the goop at all.  I then used some nail polish remover which slightly softened it, I basically scrapped with my finger nail the stuff and continued to re-apply the nail polish remover numerous times to get it soft.  I was able to finally remove the hardened goop off the 2 multi pin chips and cleaned up the best I could.

I tested the device and now my USB ports (all 4 work again).  I have since reloaded my needed apps and box seems to be working again.

Thanks for the tip on checking the motherboard for the hardened goop!