Martin Stander

WiFi does not auto connect after power button.

6 posts in this topic

WiFi does not auto connect after power button.

I have two ATV582 boxes at home. One is connected with an Ethernet cable, the other on WiFi. The one on cable, if I use the power button on the remote to switch it off, the Internet connection is back when  I switch the power on again with the power button on the remote. Exactly as it should do.

The other on WiFi, I will connect to my home WiFi and all would work OK as long as I don't use the remote power button. Even if I unplug it and then reconnect the power, the configured WiFi connection would be connected to. Buuuuut, if I were to use the power button on the remote to switch it off, then it would not automatically reconnect to the configured WiFi connection. If I then go to the Network settings, I can see the list of available APs, but the Mygica did not connect to any. I can also not select another, or that same AP to connect to. I have to switch WiFi off and then on again for the ATV582 to connect to WiFi. Once I switch it on, it then only automatically connects to WiFi.

So I thought it is something specific to this unit. Swapped it around with the other unit and it does the same. I can not be so unlucky as to get 2 dud units. So there must be something wrong with the software/firmware of the ATV582. Anyone else experience this or is there a fix for this?

Which version of Firmware are you currently running?

On 2017/06/26 at 11:38 PM, Justin said:

Which version of Firmware are you currently running?

So? Any suggestion on a fix?