Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martin Stander

WiFi does not auto connect after power button.

WiFi does not auto connect after power button.

I have two ATV582 boxes at home. One is connected with an Ethernet cable, the other on WiFi. The one on cable, if I use the power button on the remote to switch it off, the Internet connection is back when  I switch the power on again with the power button on the remote. Exactly as it should do.

The other on WiFi, I will connect to my home WiFi and all would work OK as long as I don't use the remote power button. Even if I unplug it and then reconnect the power, the configured WiFi connection would be connected to. Buuuuut, if I were to use the power button on the remote to switch it off, then it would not automatically reconnect to the configured WiFi connection. If I then go to the Network settings, I can see the list of available APs, but the Mygica did not connect to any. I can also not select another, or that same AP to connect to. I have to switch WiFi off and then on again for the ATV582 to connect to WiFi. Once I switch it on, it then only automatically connects to WiFi.

So I thought it is something specific to this unit. Swapped it around with the other unit and it does the same. I can not be so unlucky as to get 2 dud units. So there must be something wrong with the software/firmware of the ATV582. Anyone else experience this or is there a fix for this?

OK, so I've been running 5.1 with Kodi 17 for a while now.  Yes, the Wifi issue seems to be resolved. But I think I would rather have only the Wifi issue, than all the bugs with 5.1. As it is Beta, will you guys be rolling out a version without bugs?

On 8/31/2017 at 7:19 AM, Martin Stander said:

OK, so I've been running 5.1 with Kodi 17 for a while now.  Yes, the Wifi issue seems to be resolved. But I think I would rather have only the Wifi issue, than all the bugs with 5.1. As it is Beta, will you guys be rolling out a version without bugs?

Sorry for the late reply.

We do not have any plans to release an update FW version
There is no more support for the Android 5.1 SDK from our chipset supplier anymore, the last time they updated it was in 2015 and they have told us they will not be updating it any more.