Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audiojfr

Updates

On 7/21/2017 at 10:17 PM, Rick White said:

Huh?  No difference? lol.

When I press manual update the same thing happens as with Audiojfr - Nothing. it looks like it is trying to do something for a second then it goes back the main setting menu.

If you go to apps list within Android and find "Upgrade" app, and clear the data

The check for manual update will work

"Upgrade" app is listed as a system app.

On 7/6/2017 at 6:05 PM, Rick White said:

As I said I have never had an update show up (either on manual or automatic).   I had to download it to USB from this website (the link I posted above) and install it manually.

If there is a newer update then I will be very sad ;(

This is a ridiculous issue.  Automatic should mean exactly that AUTOMATIC.  I just purchased the 495 Pro after my ATV1200 got bricked from what was supposed to be a firmware upgrade.  Why should we have to risk bricking our boxes and have to do manual updates at all?  If there are updates, make them ALL automatic otherwise how will anyone ever know if there are updates without scouring the support pages? ?  

Brand new out of the box 495 Pro and I've spent 2 hours online trying to troubleshoot all the quirks that I'm experiencing.  Wasting my life trying to get something brand new to work as intended - not happy.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:58 PM, Justin said:

V1.20 and V1.30 have no difference besides the dates.

Then what's the point?!  This stuff is too confusing.  Why would anyone ever think that there was no difference in a version with a higher number??

21 hours ago, dcf said:

This is a ridiculous issue.  Automatic should mean exactly that AUTOMATIC.  I just purchased the 495 Pro after my ATV1200 got bricked from what was supposed to be a firmware upgrade.  Why should we have to risk bricking our boxes and have to do manual updates at all?  If there are updates, make them ALL automatic otherwise how will anyone ever know if there are updates without scouring the support pages? ?  

Brand new out of the box 495 Pro and I've spent 2 hours online trying to troubleshoot all the quirks that I'm experiencing.  Wasting my life trying to get something brand new to work as intended - not happy.

Then what's the point?!  This stuff is too confusing.  Why would anyone ever think that there was no difference in a version with a higher number??

Automatic updates do work and have been since the 1900AC
The 1200 never had updates working

As for the V1.20 and V1.30, this was done by mistake on my part.
And I agree with your comment.
I will make sure in future updates that this doesn't happen again.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Automatic updates do work and have been since the 1900AC

I don't know what 1900AC means - perhaps this is a version or a different box?  I have the ATV 495 Pro and straight out of the box had to do the USB method of update.  Wouldn't work at all with automatic updates.  There needs to be an in-depth trouble-shooting/user manual for these products.  The QuickStart guide is really basic and essentially, so straight forward that...well, who would need it?  Reading every possible support forum post is too time consuming and frustrating.  

Hard to not want to just return this product.  My previous MyGica was quirky too (ie the remote never, ever worked properly...the box took forever to recognize and load the files on my external HD that my 10-year-old Western Digital box would have made available in a heartbeat).  Was hoping that 5 years of development would have advanced these products but they don't seem too much better (albeit slightly faster) than before...

On 24/07/2017 at 3:19 PM, Justin said:

If you go to apps list within Android and find "Upgrade" app, and clear the data

Thanks for the tip.   I will give that a try this weekend.  Cheers.

Have to say I agree, OTA tried once and never tried again. Into south africa , the OTA is very slow takes too long for the download and when you switch the tv on, the box rolls even with CEC switched off. 

tried upgrading the box with SD and USB stick with the ATV_495_5.1 load , cant find it on the memory. box is currently on V1.20, Looking forward to seeing the video.

Let me know when the video is up. to confirm the menu button is the one with 3 horizontal lines right ? 

On 24/07/2017 at 3:19 PM, Justin said:

This seems to have worked.   Now I get a message saying there isn't a newer version.  Thanks!

On 8/5/2017 at 4:35 PM, PLC said:

Have to say I agree, OTA tried once and never tried again. Into south africa , the OTA is very slow takes too long for the download and when you switch the tv on, the box rolls even with CEC switched off. 

tried upgrading the box with SD and USB stick with the ATV_495_5.1 load , cant find it on the memory. box is currently on V1.20, Looking forward to seeing the video.

Let me know when the video is up. to confirm the menu button is the one with 3 horizontal lines right ? 

Yes 3 horizontal lines on the remote is the menu button.

I will get the how to video this week.

Also the server being slow might be based on where it is located.
Our OTA update server is in Canada at a Data Center, so since you are in South Africa, that might be the reason why it is slower.
How fast is your internet connection? That could be another reason as well.

For myself, I can download V1.30 onto a box and installed within 5-7 mins using a 50MB download connection at my home, but I am located in Canada.
V1.30 is about 550MB or so in size.

On 8/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, Rick White said:

This seems to have worked.   Now I get a message saying there isn't a newer version.  Thanks!

On 8/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, Rick White said:

have to say I agree, OTA tried once and never tried again. tried upgrading the box with SD and USB stick with the ATV_495_5.1, cant find it on the memory. box is currently on V1.20, Looking forward to seeing the video. Into south africa , the OTA is very slow takes too long for the download and when you switch the tv on, the box rolls even with CEC switched off. 

Thanks... it started on the DL tonight but then bombed. 

Justin have a 3/4 meg dsl line, 600 meg file on dsl is supposedly going to take 1 to 2 hours. even putting the file on the SD card doesn't help, suggest you run a video on the manual update process too. on the app update, does one use cache or internal sd or external sd ?  

LTE connection runs about 20-30 meg, i'll give that a go. 

4 hours ago, PLC said:

Thanks... it started on the DL tonight but then bombed. 

Justin have a 3/4 meg dsl line, 600 meg file on dsl is supposedly going to take 1 to 2 hours. even putting the file on the SD card doesn't help, suggest you run a video on the manual update process too. on the app update, does one use cache or internal sd or external sd ?  

LTE connection runs about 20-30 meg, i'll give that a go. 

We cannot do anything then if your internet connection is slow.

I can download a 600MB File within 5-7 mins on my home + office internet connection.

I would suggest trying LTE, that sounds much faster at 20-30

Dude, Problem solved on the OTA..... switch off "update from server option" in the upgrade window, adds a new window with manual update. ran manual update and the box is now running 1.4.

Thanks 

On 8/9/2017 at 2:10 AM, PLC said:

Dude, Problem solved on the OTA..... switch off "update from server option" in the upgrade window, adds a new window with manual update. ran manual update and the box is now running 1.4.

Thanks 

Glad it worked

Although Automatic should work also.

Please help me figure this out or point me to the promised video.

My ATV 495 Pro won't read any files from USB or Micro SD and when I try to manual update from the server, it spends about half a second attempting to connect to the network then bumps me back to the Settings page.

Currently running 5.1.1 but downloaded 5.1.2  (20170425) in the hopes of updating and having no luck. Tempted to try full hard reset of device as another thread suggested this might successfully point the device to my SD card but really don't want to make matters worse.

On 8/27/2017 at 3:12 AM, SchismSlayer said:

Please help me figure this out or point me to the promised video.

My ATV 495 Pro won't read any files from USB or Micro SD and when I try to manual update from the server, it spends about half a second attempting to connect to the network then bumps me back to the Settings page.

Currently running 5.1.1 but downloaded 5.1.2  (20170425) in the hopes of updating and having no luck. Tempted to try full hard reset of device as another thread suggested this might successfully point the device to my SD card but really don't want to make matters worse.

Sorry for the late reply

Private Message me please