Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neese57

MYGICA ATV600

MYGICA ATV600

Hello:  I have been having issues with MyGica ATV600.  I was attempting to upload Kodi 17, but kept getting message that My Unit was not compatible for this upgrade.  The unit was purchased in October 2016.  I resent the unit to Factory Settings.  Now when try to open Kodi I am getting the following error msg - Cannot Download obb.  I have tried to download OBB but for some reason am having major issues.  Please know that I am not a super-savy tech person, so I need it dumbed-down.

Thank you.

Kodi 17+ Requires Android 5+ now in order to be installed.

We will have an Android 5.1 update for the ATV 585/600 soon.

Which will have Kodi 17.3 pre installed

I have the predicament as the previous posters. Purchased an ATV 600 from Best Buy several months ago, and I have not found any updates, nor new firmware for this model. It still uses Android 3.3. Is this product still supported?

Also, I can't find any information on the unit. The pamphlet included in the box is completely uninformative.  For example, I have no clue what are the two included dongles are for? Also, is it possible to use the unit as a WiFi router for my laptop computer? Or I need another router in addition to the ATV 600?

18 minutes ago, Tipps said:

It says it has android 4.4 Kitkat ATV600 MyGica

Try looking here for the user manual ATV600 Manual

Thanks for your post, however, my TV displays Android 3.3. I will post a photo of the screen tomorrow because I am not home now. I already downloaded the manual last night and it is identical to the one supplied with the unit.  Much needed info is missing.

This is my second experience with an all Chinese hardware, where the product is superbly made, but lacks proper documentation, while multinationals marketing Chinese made products provide very detailed documentation.  The previous equipment I purchased on line, was a Chinese made motion sensing security camera. It  was excellent in construction, but returned it because the software controls were mostly in Chinese, or translated with Google translate, and the accompanying manual was an MS Word document using the same translation method. This was the complaint of other purchasers as well.

Here is the latest firmware but it is still just in Beta, stable version hasn't been released yet that I know of.

25 minutes ago, ineuw said:

Thanks for your post, however, my TV displays Android 3.3. I will post a photo of the screen tomorrow because I am not home now. I already downloaded the manual last night and it is identical to the one supplied with the unit.  Much needed info is missing.

This is my second experience with an all Chinese hardware, where the product is superbly made, but lacks proper documentation, while multinationals marketing Chinese made products provide very detailed documentation.  The previous equipment I purchased on line, was a Chinese made motion sensing security camera. It  was excellent in construction, but returned it because the software controls were mostly in Chinese, or translated with Google translate, and the accompanying manual was an MS Word document using the same translation method. This was the complaint of other purchasers as well.

Here is the Factory Restore Firmware files, try this first to see if it fixes your issues.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Tipps said:

Here is the latest firmware but it is still just in Beta, stable version hasn't been released yet that I know of.

Thanks for posting a link to this.

Please note this will only ever be in Beta as Amlogic our chipset supplier has discontinued support on Android 5.1 for the models

1800/1900ac/585/600/380/582
So therefore we cannot come out with an Official Firmware.

We feel that these Betas are stable to use though.

Thanks for the info. I came to realize that there was a reason why it's been in  beta since last fall, and also realized that it must be stable because there were no complaints.

57 minutes ago, ineuw said:

Thanks for the info. I came to realize that there was a reason why it's been in  beta since last fall, and also realized that it must be stable because there were no complaints.

Please give it a try and let us know

We just released it last week.

6 hours ago, Justin said:

Thanks for posting a link to this.

Please note this will only ever be in Beta as Amlogic our chipset supplier has discontinued support on Android 5.1 for the models

1800/1900ac/585/600/380/582
So therefore we cannot come out with an Official Firmware.

We feel that these Betas are stable to use though.

Hi Justin,

Your welcome :)

Does this mean it will move on to Android 6 then?

4 hours ago, Tipps said:

Hi Justin,

Your welcome :)

Does this mean it will move on to Android 6 then?

That will never happen

Amlogic discontinued support on these chipsets near the end of 2015

We rely on our chipset suppliers for new OS updates

To be honest though, there is almost no difference between 5.1 and 6

3 hours ago, Justin said:

That will never happen

Amlogic discontinued support on these chipsets near the end of 2015

We rely on our chipset suppliers for new OS updates

To be honest though, there is almost no difference between 5.1 and 6

Hi Justin,

I really hope some more patches are coming then?

1800/1900ac/585/600/380/582 that's a lot of MyGica systems not getting a stable firmware for Android  5.1.1

9 hours ago, Tipps said:

Hi Justin,

I really hope some more patches are coming then?

1800/1900ac/585/600/380/582 that's a lot of MyGica systems not getting a stable firmware for Android  5.1.1

We have been testing the latest firmware for a few weeks, and it is stable to use.

These are Beta Files though and not official.
So it is up to the user if they want to use it.

We can no longer get support for the 5.1 OS from Amlogic, so we will not be releasing anything official.