Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max B

MyGica US165 stopped working after Win 7 update

MyGica US165 stopped working after Win 7 update

I did a Windows 7 update and the 2 monitors I use MyGica us165 for do not show up.  When I right click the screen and go to "screen resolution" I cannot get the computer to detect the monitors using the us165s.

DisplayLink shows up in Devices and Printers for both monitors.  Right click > under Hardware it says:  Manufacturer:  DisplayLink  Location: Port-#0004.Hub_#0004  Device status:  This device is working properly.

Properties:  Driver:  Driver Date: 7/7/2015  Driver Version:  7.9.296.0

When trying to update the driver it says:  The best driver software for your device is already installed.  Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.  DisplayLink Display Adapter (0199)

Suggestions of what to do?

Thanks

Solved this problem....

Today I restarted the computer and a screen popped up that said....  "DisplayLink installer has detaected that your USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware.  Please download and update your Renesas USB 3.0 host controller driver before using Displaylink technology. "  And there was a "more information" link on this screen to this page...  support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544213  (You have to put http:// in front of this link.  The forum here would not let me post a full link because I'm new here and being accused of being a spammer by the forum software.  I'm not a spammer.)

On that page there is a link to the Newest Renesas.  Downloaded and ran that and the screens are all back.  Yay!

57 minutes ago, Max B said:

Solved this problem....

Today I restarted the computer and a screen popped up that said....  "DisplayLink installer has detaected that your USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware.  Please download and update your Renesas USB 3.0 host controller driver before using Displaylink technology. "  And there was a "more information" link on this screen to this page...  support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544213  (You have to put http:// in front of this link.  The forum here would not let me post a full link because I'm new here and being accused of being a spammer by the forum software.  I'm not a spammer.)

On that page there is a link to the Newest Renesas.  Downloaded and ran that and the screens are all back.  Yay!

Private Message me a link

I will post it on here after