Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dylanmdestpern

4K Setting not changing

4K Setting not changing

I've owned the Mygica ATV582 for a few years now paired with my 1080p TV and I've had no issues whatsoever. I recently decided to buy a 4K TV knowing that the 582 supports 4K.

When I plugged the media player into my new tv it was set to 1080p by default, so I went into the settings menu - display and set the resolution to 4K2K30. At this point the screen goes black for a few seconds then displays the "no signal" message and eventually turns back on. Except, the setting has changed itself back to 1080p60! I know for sure that the tv supports 4K because I decided to test it by plugging my laptop into the TV and setting the resolution to 3840x2160 and it works perfectly. The display bar on the TV also says "3840×2160" and I can see the major improvement in quality! I've tried to factory reset the 582 with the tv plugged in, but I'm still receiving the same problem.

I've also tried switching the HDMI ports to see if they work, still - nothing. (It must work on HDM1, because my laptop worked!)

Any suggestions?

On 7/1/2017 at 7:51 PM, dylanmdestpern said:

4K Setting not changing

I've owned the Mygica ATV582 for a few years now paired with my 1080p TV and I've had no issues whatsoever. I recently decided to buy a 4K TV knowing that the 582 supports 4K.

When I plugged the media player into my new tv it was set to 1080p by default, so I went into the settings menu - display and set the resolution to 4K2K30. At this point the screen goes black for a few seconds then displays the "no signal" message and eventually turns back on. Except, the setting has changed itself back to 1080p60! I know for sure that the tv supports 4K because I decided to test it by plugging my laptop into the TV and setting the resolution to 3840x2160 and it works perfectly. The display bar on the TV also says "3840×2160" and I can see the major improvement in quality! I've tried to factory reset the 582 with the tv plugged in, but I'm still receiving the same problem.

I've also tried switching the HDMI ports to see if they work, still - nothing. (It must work on HDM1, because my laptop worked!)

Any suggestions?

Can you try a different HDMI port on your TV.

I think a lot of the newer 4K TVs use the HDMI 1 port with HDCP 2.2 which the 582 does not support, since HDCP 2.2 was not even available at the time the box was made.

18 hours ago, Justin said:

Can you try a different HDMI port on your TV.

I think a lot of the newer 4K TVs use the HDMI 1 port with HDCP 2.2 which the 582 does not support, since HDCP 2.2 was not even available at the time the box was made.

That makes sense. I've tried all of the HDMI ports, but still nothing. I've sent an email to the TV manufacturer asking them if the TV uses HDCP 2.2 .. Because it's not listed in their specifications.