Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sutch

No Android audio after exiting Kodi

Everything is working pretty well with the box except one very important situation.

After exiting Kodi (Krypton 17.x) audio does not work in any app.Even the system sounds are gone.

BTW, audio is going out the spdif. I tried by going the way of HDMI to tv, then to receiver but it still did not work.

Any ideas??

18 hours ago, Sutch said:

Everything is working pretty well with the box except one very important situation.

After exiting Kodi (Krypton 17.x) audio does not work in any app.Even the system sounds are gone.

BTW, audio is going out the spdif. I tried by going the way of HDMI to tv, then to receiver but it still did not work.

Any ideas??

We are aware of this and trying to fix it.

May I know did you setup pass through within Kodi?

On 2017-07-04 at 0:01 PM, Justin said:

We are aware of this and trying to fix it.

May I know did you setup pass through within Kodi?

Yes. Passthrough is set up.  Set up Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) but now get the odd pop in audio. Would prefer to use Kodi Krypton.

17 hours ago, Sutch said:

Yes. Passthrough is set up.  Set up Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) but now get the odd pop in audio. Would prefer to use Kodi Krypton.

Kodi 17.3 has Passthrough built in, maybe this might help or be the problem .

Justin,

Just to let you know, I am now experiencing audio dropouts (blips) of my movies with DD and DTS. This happens with both Kodi 16.1 and SPMC.

I have tried by direct optical to receiver and also HDMI from box to TV then optical out of TV to receiver.

The TV and Receiver setup was used, previously with a Raspberry Pi3 with no problems at all. Kodi Krypton was the media software.

Not complaining, just letting you know the previous setup that worked.

Hopefully the new update will correct the problem.

Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Sutch said:

Justin,

Just to let you know, I am now experiencing audio dropouts (blips) of my movies with DD and DTS. This happens with both Kodi 16.1 and SPMC.

I have tried by direct optical to receiver and also HDMI from box to TV then optical out of TV to receiver.

The TV and Receiver setup was used, previously with a Raspberry Pi3 with no problems at all. Kodi Krypton was the media software.

Not complaining, just letting you know the previous setup that worked.

Hopefully the new update will correct the problem.

Thanks.

You havent given Kodi 17.3 a try?

43 minutes ago, Justin said:

You havent given Kodi 17.3 a try?

The initial problem was with Kodi 17.3.

On 2017-07-04 at 0:01 PM, Justin said:

That's why I moved back to 16.1

On 7/10/2017 at 6:50 PM, Sutch said:

The initial problem was with Kodi 17.3.

That's why I moved back to 16.1

Ok

Were having a very hard time reproducing this here on a lot of units we have tried.

Will continue to try.

I also had this problem and discovered the Android sound was turned all the way down. You will need to go into the Android setting > sound and look at the volume.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:55 AM, Gordon A said:

I also had this problem and discovered the Android sound was turned all the way down. You will need to go into the Android setting > sound and look at the volume.

I'm gonna take a look at that and see if that fixes it for me.
I heard it was because in Kodi 17+ they changed the way that it decodes and passes through DD and DTS signals.

I'm having the same issue since upgrading Kodi Krypton to 17.6 last week: no audio unless I reboot my 1900Pro. Current workaround has been to test using YouTube (because it's easier to get in and out of than Kodi), to reboot if no sound, then retest with YouTube before finally starting Kodi. I too am using the optical audio output. A firmware fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes - it has been set to SPDIF since I installed the unit (as opposed to "auto" ). There was no issue until after I updated Kodi from v 17.4 to v 17.6. In addition, there has been occasional crackling and popping (which was not the case prior to the update.)

2 hours ago, Doug6392 said:

Yes - it has been set to SPDIF since I installed the unit (as opposed to "auto" ). There was no issue until after I updated Kodi from v 17.4 to v 17.6. In addition, there has been occasional crackling and popping (which was not the case prior to the update.)

Ah, this may have been a mistake on KODI's end then with this release. A similar things happend a few releases ago and they posted a nightly update within a couple days from their site.

Also, is this the google play version that you've installed or did you side load it from their site?

For some reason, the google play version doesn't seem to be the same. I have seen a lot of issues solved by installing their version directly from kodi.tv

Either way, I will try this out at the office tomorrow and see if I can get the same result.

The updated version was from Google Play. I did not try the version from kodi.tv, but it sounds like it would be worth trying. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

16 hours ago, Doug6392 said:

The updated version was from Google Play. I did not try the version from kodi.tv, but it sounds like it would be worth trying. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Please let us know if this helps with the kodi.tv downloaded version.

I downloaded the 64-bit ARM version based on the 1900Pro's stated specs, but it would not install.  I then downloaded and installed the 32-bit ARM version which installed and ran properly.  (Thinking I couldn't install because the Google Play version was still installed, I uninstalled it before considering backing up my settings - oops.  So I had to spend time reintroducing Kodi to my media sources; rookie mistake.)  I've done a cold restart 3 times, and so far, so good: it seems likely that the issue may have been with the Google Play version of Kodi Krypton 17.6.

Thanks for the very useful feedback!

Follow-up: I spoke too soon, as after a few hours of being off, the system restarted in the same condition (ie no sound without a reboot.) I have reinstalled Kodi v 17.4, since I only noticed this problem after upgrading to v 17.6. I will give it a few hours and see if this corrects the sound issue.

After about 6 hours, I fired up Kodi 17.4, and the sound worked fine. I'm going to use it for a few hours this evening, then will test it again after I get up in the morning, and report accordingly. It would be interesting to know what changed between 17.4 and 17.6. I guess I could try incrementally updating to 17.5 (or just stick with 17.4! ;))

17 hours ago, Doug6392 said:

After about 6 hours, I fired up Kodi 17.4, and the sound worked fine. I'm going to use it for a few hours this evening, then will test it again after I get up in the morning, and report accordingly. It would be interesting to know what changed between 17.4 and 17.6. I guess I could try incrementally updating to 17.5 (or just stick with 17.4! ;))

That is very strange.I would keep an eye out on their nightly releases to see if they show a changelog of this being fixed.

Thanks for the update. I will be looking out for this as well.